JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Original Sling and SA 4200 DSTB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cableguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Original Sling and SA 4200 DSTB Reply with quote

I am using a sling to check channels remotely for some of my locations in NJ. If standing in front of a cablebox (SA 4200) I can using the remote (AT2300) hold the pause button, wait until the massage LED on the box pops up, hit the page up button and this gets me into my diagnostics screen. These pages give me information like MPEG PIDs, Qam levels, EAS info etc. I use this function as a Headend Enginner to troubleshoot from home or another site.

Problem- When I use the PC remote on the desk top the IR leds from the sling do not emit fast enough to enable the "diagnostics menu door" which is the message indicator LED on the box. Is there a way to program the sling to keep the IR leads to cablebox "on" or "flash" a certain amount of times with the press of one button? I assume that when I hold the pause button on the remote the IR LEDs are flashing very fast and this activates diagnostics door, so that is what I need the remote software to tell the sling to do. It may be a network delay issue...when I hold the keyboard key "U" down it acts as the pause on the remote but does not act fast enough..I am assuming that a way to keep or flash the IR LEDs say 50 times fast will work..

Any help appreciated very much...I am here for any questions in my field as well.

Cheers
Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: