JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with Sony VCR/DVD model SLVD370P

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joesal68

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Need help with Sony VCR/DVD model SLVD370P Reply with quote

I have my slingbox in the states, I am In Japan, I am trying to Control my Sony VCR / DVD player model SLVD370P. I downloaded a file already made for it
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2879

the problem is my slingbox is a ju and the file is a pl when i export it i cannot find it in the remotes.

Any help will be appreciated as i am going to Iraq and would like to have this working.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That file is for an 881x in RM. When you open the file in RM, you must select the "Remote" on the first page (General tab). You should select from the drop-down list the Slingbox (JU chip) remote.

If that choice does not appear in the drop-down, then you need to get the latest rdf zip file from the tools area and unzip it to a location where RM can find it.

Once you select the correct rdf in RM, and you assign the buttons as you desire on the layout tab, your binary export data should be formatted properly for your Slingbox.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a zip file with all three types of .bin files in it. If the button layout is not to your liking then you will have to use RemoteMaster to modify them.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3665
All the unassigned commands should show up in the dropdown menus on the Slingbox remote image but I have no way to verify that or test the upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
All the unassigned commands should show up in the dropdown menus on the Slingbox remote image but I have no way to verify that or test the upgrade.

When you say "un-assigned", do you mean that the commands are in the RM file but they are not assigned to any Slingbox buttons at all? If so, these command won't appear in any drop downs because the Slingbox has no way to know that they exist.

The Slingbox has two types of buttons, it has buttons that appear on the virtual remote, and it has the rest. Buttons that don't appear on the virtual remote are accessed using drop down menus, but functions still need to be assigned to these buttons in RM.

As for testing, now that you have a Slingbox, even though you don't have the device in question, you can still load the upgrade that you created into your Slingplayer software to see how it will look when it's loaded.

If you want to actually test the upgrade itself to see if it controls the device, you can ask the other person to send you a PM with their "finder id". You can then use this to control their device from your PC.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was that functions that did not have obvious matchups with the virtual remote buttons had been added so that they could be accessed from the dropdown menus. It seemed that the original poster was not planning on using RM to modify the bin file, he just wanted something he could drop in and go. I just wanted to make sure he could access all functions without having to modify the file.

I added them to the grid of dots at the bottom of the map in RM but didn't have time to check out the look this morning. (I'd never used that part before) I thought there was some urgency to get something working quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: