JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung Digimax V800 Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cweeks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Samsung Digimax V800 Camera Reply with quote

1. Device: Remote shutter control keyfob for Samsung Digimax V800 Camera
2. Type of device: Digital Camera
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1 Remote model: URC-7562 b00
5. JP1 user? Yup
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? Yes

Now that's out of the way. I have a Samsung Digimax V800 remote shutter control keyfob, my URC-7562 b00 can learn the code and play it back perfectly but IRDecode can't tell me what the Protocol is. The raw data is:

Frequency:
38095Hz

Sent once when key is pressed:
+13860 -47676 +366 -11086 +366 -11086 +366 -130704

Any ideas what it is ?

You can see details on the camera here http://www.samsungcamera.com/product/pro_view.asp?prol_uid=508&cat_uid=10

I can't find any part numbers or other details on the actual remote at all.

Cheers, Cam.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A typical camera shutter control signal would be difficult to add to DecodeIR.

The signals are so short that there is very little basis for distinguishing them from random IR noise.

There are so few different commands (in some cases just one) that there is little you could call a "protocol", and no way to infer the encoding of command numbers.

If the device has a variety of IR commands (zoom, wide, focus, etc.) as well as shutter, then there may be some basis for inventing decode rules. If that's the case, I'd need a .ir file of all learned signals, NOT quotes from IR.EXE's learned signals tab.

If you will be using just one (or very few) signals, the learned form is better. There would be little use for a decode or a JP1 upgrade.

If you will be using an extender or have some other good reason to not want to use the learned form of the signal, I'm sure someone can help you kludge an upgrade.

cweeks wrote:
9. Partially working setup code? Yes

I'm sure the right answer is No. I don't know what we might do to explain these questions more clearly. Beginners generally don't seem to get the idea.

The answer to that one should be:

If you found a built-in setup code (in the 75620) that works any functions of your device (even wrong functions for the button names) give the setup code (type and number). Otherwise "no". Never "yes".
cweeks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood, I never assumed in a minute that the code it was transmitting could be something that was doodled on a fag packet in a lunch break etc.

The remote does only have one button so I agree establishing a protocol from fresh would be tricky. I foolishly assumed the designer for the camera would think, "why create another protocol when thousands of good well tested ones already exist". I have written a bit of IR code for microcontrollers and I always try to re-use my own code on a new design, as this isn't the first remote control unit Samsung have made I thought this likely. I guess there are corperate reasons why this doesn't happen.

The reason for wanting to know the protocol as opposed to living with a learned function is because I want to recode the signal transmission for a PIC microcontroller to trigger the camera via an radio control system for use in aerial photography. I thought nothing simpiler, use IRDecode, research the protocol, have a dig about on the net, hell I might even find some code someone else has done, and I might even find a few extra controls the camera can understand.

Guess it's lucky I have a DSO.

Cheers, Cam.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cweeks wrote:
The reason for wanting to know the protocol as opposed to living with a learned function is because I want to recode the signal transmission for a PIC microcontroller

That should be easy. It's a very simple signal.

cweeks wrote:

Frequency:
38095Hz

Sent once when key is pressed:
+13860 -47676 +366 -11086 +366 -11086 +366 -130704

That tells you everything you need to know. So I'm guessing you didn't understand what it tells you, or you wouldn't have wanted a decode.

I assume you understand the idea of modulating an IR signal. So you know what the Frequency is telling you.

The + and - values are durations in microseconds. The + durations are intervals in which the IR modulation is active. The - durations are intervals in which nothing is transmitted.

38095Hz has a cycle time around 26.25 microseconds. So +13860 means send 528 cycles of modulated signal and +366 means send 14 cycles of modulated signal. The - values mean pause for that many microseconds before the next step (the long pause at the end isn't real, it just means you're done).

cweeks wrote:
Guess it's lucky I have a DSO.

I don't know what DSO stands for. But if it is a device you would use for capturing and examining the signal, you don't need to.
cweeks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSO = "Digital Storage Oscilloscope" and now you have explained the raw data it will stay in it's box. That should be very easy to code.

Many thanks however for taking the time to spot my post, and explain the raw data.

Cam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: