JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dual XD6100 AM/FM/CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrdavis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Dual XD6100 AM/FM/CD Reply with quote

I have a Dual dash car radio in my RV. It has a tiny remote. I've gone thru the process of learning the keys. But when I program them into a URC8811 nothing operates the functions of the Dual radio.

I've taken the learned codes and saved the most useful 4 into the L1 to L4 keys on the 8811. Volume+- Tune+-. The L1 to L4 keys do work and control the radio volume and tuning. So I'm pretty sure all the learned functions were recorded properly.

I see its a NEC1, 130 and searched thru the audio receivers and found the Nakamichi AV-7 also is a NEC1 130 device. I thought checking it verus what I've done on the Dual would reveal something to me, but didn't see anything for certain.

Differences I see are: I have the Dual setup code as 0130, the Nak is 1876. I have Protocol Parameters field blank, the NAK has device 130 there. Subdevice 93 and fixed dat 20 be 45. The Dual has fixed data 00 ff ff.

The Dual & Nak differ also on what the code does. ie Dual EFC 185 is preset 1. Nak EFC 185 is key 6. But I doubt that's my problem.

Here's what I recorded from the learning process.

KEY#...........protocol...device.......sub-device.......OBC....HEX....EFC

Power............nec1......130..........0.....................15........0f.......058
Mute..........................................0.....................16........f7.......117
Tune>>Track.............................0.......................8........ef.......053
Tune<<Track.............................0.......................9........6f.......057
Vol+..........................................0......................12.......cf........052
Vol-...........................................0......................11.......2f........059
Audio.........................................0......................10.......af........055
Mode..........................................0......................19.......37.......123
Band / Loudness..........................0.......................7........1f.......186
Eq..............................................0.......................23.......17......122
Preset 1 / CD Pause.....................0........................1.......7f.......185
Preset 2 / CD scan.......................0........................2.......bf.......183
Preset 3 / CD Repeat....................0........................3......3f.......187
Preset 4 / CD Shuffle....................0........................4......df.......180
Preset 5.......................................0........................5......5f.......184
Preset 6.......................................0........................6......9f.......182

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual XD6100 AM/FM/CD Reply with quote

wrdavis wrote:
Differences I see are: I have the Dual setup code as 0130, the Nak is 1876. I have Protocol Parameters field blank, the NAK has device 130 there. Subdevice 93 and fixed dat 20 be 45. The Dual has fixed data 00 ff ff.

KEY#...........protocol...device.......sub-device.......OBC....HEX....EFC

Power............nec1......130..........0.....................15........0f.......058
Mute..........................................0.....................16........f7.......117
Tune>>Track.............................0.......................8........ef.......053
Tune<<Track.............................0.......................9........6f.......057
Vol+..........................................0......................12.......cf........052
Vol-...........................................0......................11.......2f........059
Audio.........................................0......................10.......af........055
Mode..........................................0......................19.......37.......123
Band / Loudness..........................0.......................7........1f.......186
Eq..............................................0.......................23.......17......122
Preset 1 / CD Pause.....................0........................1.......7f.......185
Preset 2 / CD scan.......................0........................2.......bf.......183
Preset 3 / CD Repeat....................0........................3......3f.......187
Preset 4 / CD Shuffle....................0........................4......df.......180
Preset 5.......................................0........................5......5f.......184
Preset 6.......................................0........................6......9f.......182
If you're trying to build an upgrade in KM or RM you need to select the NEC1 protocol and enter "130" as the Main Device and "0" as the Sub-Device (assuming all your learned signals match the Device and Sub-Device listed for Power).
wrdavis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll drive out to the RV tomorrow and give that a try.

Thanks
wrdavis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that didn't work.

But I would like some clarification as to where, who, what assigns the setup code, protocol ID, and fixed data? None of that info appears when I do the learning of the keys.

Is there some other process to fetch that info from the original remote? Or is it somehow automatically generated? I'm thinking I have the wrong setup code.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setup code is just an arbitrary identification number given to an upgrade. You can pick any setup code number you like when creating an upgrade.

On the General tab in IR.exe you specify the setup code (type as well as number) for each device button. If you didn't assign a device button to your upgrade then you didn't really test it.

The protocol ID and the fixed data are a way of encoding the protocol name, device number and subdevice number of the signals. The process is quite complicated and an important part of the job of KM or RM is computing all that for you. Of course you must put in the right protocol name, device number and subdevice number for it to be able to compute the right protocol ID and fixed data.
wrdavis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went thru the process again and this time got a second output for the protocol portion. C&P it also. And will try it again in the RV tomorrow.

Thanks for the explanation on setup. I have put in random numbers there and started thinking that was part of the problem.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrdavis wrote:
Went thru the process again and this time got a second output for the protocol portion. C&P it also.
If you got a protocol upgrade you must have done something wrong. The NEC1 protocol is by far one of the most common ones and is resident in every JP1 remote, so an upgrade (of the protocol) isn't necessary.

Have you read through the beginner's stuff yet? The JP1 - Just How Easy Is It? readme covers creating upgrades from scratch and should show you all the steps that are required.
wrdavis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right the second protocol output didn't improve things at all. Time to re-read the beginner's guide and see just what dumb thing I'm doing wrong.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this upgrade. Here's a step by step...

1) Hook up your URC-8811 remote to your JP1 cable.
2) Fire up the IR.exe program
3) Click on "download from remote"
4) Go to the Devices tab and click ADD
5) Cut and paste the upgrade (below) and click OK
6) Go to the General tab
7) Decide which device button you want to use for the Dual
8) For this device button, change the Type to "CD" and enter 2000 as the code.
9) Click "upload to remote"
10) Disconnect remote and test it.

Upgrade Code 0 = 27 D0 (CD/2000) Dual car CD/radio
5A 00 F6 78 B9 00 BE BE 00 7F BF 3F DF 5F 9F 00
00 00 CF 2F F7 EF 6F 0F BF 37 7F 7F DF 3F 7F 17
AF 1F
End
wrdavis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman, I'll try that tomorrow.

I tried two things today, each time out the the RV I knew it was fixed until it still didn't work. Second one was when I realized the original learned keys were blank for subdevice, not zero as I listed. I tried leaving subdevice blank on RM1.38 and see the fixed data changed from having a zero in the subdevice.

So will try your code Saturday
wrdavis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman, your code worked. Mine would have yesterday, but somehow the code for the device got mucked up from 1130 to 1023 on the general tab of IR.

I just posted the file for the dual xd6100, but with the key codes back to my original that match the remote.

Just curious about the first few bytes of the device coding. The first 5A appears to be the protocol ID. The 6th thru 8th (00 BE BE) appear to be the fixed data. After the 8th, the rest appear to be the codes for each key. But I don't see what the 2nd thru 5th are doing. Can you explain them?

5A 00 F6 78 B9 00 BE BE
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3'rd through ... is a bitmask telling which of the possible positions are present in the list of codes for each key.

By using that bitmask the design allows the list of codes for each key to contain only those keys actually defined by the upgrade.

2'nd can be a reference to a built in set of common digit codes, to further save space if the upgrade happens to use one of the common sets of digit codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: