JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

B&O TV Beovision 6000
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vr-hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: B&O TV Beovision 6000 Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
I have a URC-5550 remote and just recently started working with this jp1 stuff. Trying to get my Bang & olufsen Beovision 6000 to work with my remote I ran into some problems:
- The setup codes provided by oneforall dont seem to work completely (i.e. can't switch to external input)
- There are no device upgrade files in the file section here or on yahoo
- I found a ccf file for a similar B&O tv that might work. However I have no Idea how I'm supposed to create a working upgrade from the output of decodeccf.
Is there anyone that has a lot of expiereience with this kind of stuff an is willing to create an update file for that device?

Here is the output of decodeccf:
{deleted}
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need to see the output of DecodeCCF, we'd much rather than you just post a link to the CCF so we can run DecodeCCF ourselves.
vr-hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found a few files on remotecentral.com. The most interesting one is probably this one:
http://www.filearea.net/muell/beolink.ccf
as it should have all the Buttons for most of the B&O devices...
vr-hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe someone can just tell me how to interpret a line like this:
http://www.filearea.net/muell/ding.JPG
- What is Protocol 7000.76.D ? What am I supposed to choose in KM/RM?
- Aren't Dev and SubDev supposed to be 1-Byte Values?
- There is no OBC/EFC Value for that key... Don't I need one to define the the Button does in KM/RM?
Maybe someone can give me some hints here and I end up becoming a pro someday Laughing
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7000 codes are a condensed form of ProntoHex that represents the IR signal structure in a different way than other forms of Pronto Hex.

Within the 7000 format there are a bunch of individual subformats. DecodeCCF only understands a few of them. They're all described in Eigeny's document at
http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/prontoirformats.pdf
but in a format even I barely understand.

In the text 5515444444444354435325/10 each digit 1 through 5 represents one of the five bursts used in this protocol. But the actual bursts aren't anywhere in the CCF file. They are in Eigeny's document.

One of the signals in that CCF is an ordinary learn (not 7000 form). DecodeIR.dll didn't understand that one. Maybe it is a bad learn. But more likely the protocol is one my software doesn't understand in that format either.
vr-hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I read through the document and got the basic picture of how the protocol works. But does that knowledge bring me any closer to actually creating an update in KM/RM? Even if I'd actually decifer all the information from the ccf file (by breaking it down into the "0000" format) I wouldn't be able to use that in KM/RM, would I?
So in brief: is my only chance to get my devices working buying a Pronto remote or is there still a chance that someone might add support for the 7000 Protocols? Question
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is NOT whether or not a JP1/1.x remote can control your Beovision. It most assuredly CAN.

Your challenge is to get the required signals decoded. Read carefully what john wrote:
Quote:
the protocol is one my software doesn't understand in that format
If you go to the Code Search Forum and look at the number 1 Code Search FAQ (linked in my sig below) you would be prompted to provide a bunch more info than you have. Be that as it may, since the current tools cannot decode THAT version of Pronto, there are other ways to get the required information.

The simplest is to buy a LEARNING JP1 remote, and learn the signals, download the remote into IR and decode them (usually they will decode automatically in IR).

This is certainly bound to be less expensive than buying a Pronto remote to use that Pronto file in.

On the other hand, if you do NOT have the OEM remote, then I would suggest going to the RC forum and trying to cajole someone who has both the right version of a Pronto remote and a JP1 learner to install that Pronto file and learn it from the Pronto to the JP1 remote and provide you the JP1 learned IR file (whihc you would then decode and build an upgrade from).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a Pronto user also has a JP1 remote, there's a good chance that they also frequent this forum.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that, Rob.

My point sorta was that we don't even know if the OP has the OEM remote or not yet, after several days of back-and-forth.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bet that you could learn these signals with a JP1 remote. Have any of the other experts investigated the learning limits at high frequency and short bursts (I haven't)?

For new Pronto's (NG) I wouldn't bet that you could even send these signals. In either database form or 7000 form the NG Prontos fail more often than succeed at sending difficult signals.

I was hoping Rob or other experts knew/remembered more about B&O signals from UEI contacts and/or some of the discussions long ago. Without a head start like that, these signals would be pretty hard to recreate as a new executor.

I'm pretty sure a JP1 remote would have no trouble sending this high frequency short burst signal if the right executor were found or written. Well beyond the level of these signals we have seen examples of signals that it can send but can't learn.

I am assuming the frequency of the one 0000 format signal in that CCF file is just wrong. Eigeny's file clearly indicates these are high frequency signals.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for clues as to what protocol "Bang & Olufsen" uses, we have an upgrade available for the B&O BeoCenter 9000:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=72
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
They're all described in Eigeny's document at
http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/prontoirformats.pdf
but in a format even I barely understand.

In the text 5515444444444354435325/10 each digit 1 through 5 represents one of the five bursts used in this protocol. But the actual bursts aren't anywhere in the CCF file. They are in Eigeny's document.

You're not kidding about that format being complex.

This could be the table of burst pairs...

Code:
dID  bCh  i  aBurstSeq
3    R    0  005B -C422
3    5    1  005B -1BC0
3    4    2  005B -1622
3    3    3  005B -1083
3    2    4  005B -0AE4
3    1    5  005B -0546

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

This could be the table of burst pairs...

Are you asking or telling?

Yes. That is the table of burst pairs.

The kludgy notation /10 in the DecodeIR output refers to the single burst pair that is 'R' in Eigeny's table. I was ignoring that one when I said there were five burst pairs.

For the others, I always get confused over whether each digit shown by DecodeIr is the bCH in Eigeny's table or the i. I think it is the i.
vr-hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for everyone to know:
The builtin codes (TV 0565 on my URC-5550) DO work very well (that is the nuber keys, ch up, ch down etc.)! It's just that there seem to be some missing keys (like the "enter" key, or the one labled "v.tape" on the oem remote which switches to the tv's external input). I just don't know if there is a way to find out what the predefined codes do or combine them with what is in the ccf file...
btw: Before I started this topic I tried using the upgrade file for the Beocenter 9000 in the files section (which Rob pointed out to me above) hoping that "something" would work for my tv. (alright I know it was a stupid idea Embarassed) Without success, of course...
vr-hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
[...]
For the others, I always get confused over whether each digit shown by DecodeIr is the bCH in Eigeny's table or the i. I think it is the i.

I think you are absolutely right because the rexexp in zTemplate starts off with a 115[1234]*R sequence (in terms of the "bCh" field) while DecodeIR outputs something like 551[54321]*0 (spoken in terms of the "i" field)

Ok maybe someone could take a look at this and tell me wether I've done this correctly or not Smile
http://www.filearea.net/muell/vtape.pdf
btw: I noticed that in the Eigeny's document the final IR code in 0000 format has kind of an an 8-byte header, but I couldn't find where he got it from... Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: