JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ReplayTV Demo Remote Conversion...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnotherReplayFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: ReplayTV Demo Remote Conversion... Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to the group and need a little help with my ReplayTV remote. I have a Panasonic ReplayTV PV-HS2000...

The original remote has seen better days. I purchased another one from ebay (my wife likes the remote lay out) and it has "DEMO USE ONLY" written on the back. It will only control my Showstopper. The code set button doesn't work

If the remote model numbers are the same (I haven't confirmed this yet via stickers inside the battery compartment), will I be able to read the programming from my old remote and program it into the new one? Also, will this take it out of "demo" mode or is it more complicated than that?

I have a cable and the software ready to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~ndp

P.S. LONG LIVE REPLAYTV!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open up the remote and you'll find that there's a sticker of some sort on the PCB where the device and setup buttons should make contact. Remove this sticker and you should be good to go.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are trying to open your case without damaging it, THIS is how you do it. Compliments to the Robman who wrote the excellent guide.
JP1Files
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I just host it, Tommy Tyler wrote it.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler sounds like a genius. But I have seen no posts from him in all the time I have been here (1 month Smile ) He must be working on something fantastic to be so busy. Or he is in prison. One of the two.

Hi Tommy, if you are out there.
JP1Files
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Tommy Tyler sounds like a genius. But I have seen no posts from him in all the time I have been here (1 month Smile ) He must be working on something fantastic to be so busy. Or he is in prison. One of the two.

Hi Tommy, if you are out there.

You were right on the first count (ie, he's a busy genius). You will be seeing the results of his current labors very soon! 8)

I'm not going to tell you what he's been up to, but here's a [very kryptic] clue, it's not about "Cornflakes in your face".
cdhixson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I'm not going to tell you what he's been up to, but here's a [very kryptic] clue, it's not about "Cornflakes in your face".

So he's working on a serial interface. Very interesting.
AnotherReplayFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Funny how "low tech" that modification was!!! Smile
rrsavage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Another Replayer !! Reply with quote

Add another ReplayTV enthusiest to your list. I bought a Replay 4000 series when they first came out. I will never live without ReplayTV again....

With offerings like MyReplayTV.com, Commercial Advance, and emulation software like DVArchive (a ReplayTV server emulation software that allow transferring of shows to your computer's hard drive. It also will allow you to stream the shows back to the ReplayTV unit.) TIVO was not even a consideration at the time. I have not kept up with the PVR wars, perhaps TIVO has caught up feature-wise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: