JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Input/Source Discretes for my Samsung Tantus TSK3092 EDTV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herb23wc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Input/Source Discretes for my Samsung Tantus TSK3092 EDTV Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung Tantus TSK3092WF EDTV
2. Type of device: TV (EDTV)
3. Year: Purchased 3/12/2001
4. JP1 Remote model: RS 15-1994
5. JP1 user? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, 0019, 0060, 0032, 0702, 1060, 1190, 1618, 2010
10. Learning remote question? Yes.

I have been stymied trying to find any discrete source/input codes for the above TV. Similarly, the Channel + and Channel number enter key presses fail to get me to a known state in the source/input menu. Discretes would be best, but any anchor for a macro would be fine, too. I am happy to stay after the search, but have read posts suggesting that Samsungs of this vintage may not have any more remote functionality than found on the original remote (which has the tv/video button to access the menu, channel + to cycle through the connected inputs and volume + to select).

Many thanks for any assistance, even if it just confirms my growing pessimism.
herb23wc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Checked the file section? (no or link to file(s))
Answering "Yes" implies that you checked the file section and didn't find any files for your device (or similar models of the same brand). If you DID find an upgrade, please provide a link to the file, even if the upgrade doesn't work, just so we can rule it out. If there are upgrade files available for your brand, even if the model numbers are different, please try them and specify whether they worked or not in your post.

Checked the Pronto file section (at R/C)? (no or link to file(s))
Answering "Yes" implies that you checked the file section and didn't find any files for your device (or similar models of the same brand). If you DID find a CCF file, please provide a link to the file, even if the upgrade doesn't work, just so we can rule it out.

I have tried all of the Samsung TV upgrades, I believe, and have tested all 256 EFCs under TV/0060 to no avail. My question was intended to draw on general knowledge of Samsungs like this one. If there is any reason to be optimistic, I will post all the detail on what I ahve done. I certainly don't mean to ask anyone to do my work for me or to replicate work that I have already done.

Thanks again and sorry for the lack of detail in the original post.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herb23wc wrote:
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, 0019, 0060, 0032, 0702, 1060, 1190, 1618, 2010

The setup codes you find in JP1 upgrade files have no global meaning. This question only wants official UEI setup codes (those built-in on the remote or downloaded from UEI customer support). I assume only 0060 in your list is an official UEI setup code.

If you tested any JP1 upgrades and got interesting results, that should be reported (with URL of the upgrade) in answering question 7. The setup codes of those upgrades aren't informative.

herb23wc wrote:
tested all 256 EFCs under TV/0060 to no avail.

That sounds like you covered it and you're out of luck. But in case there is more that I don't know ...

herb23wc wrote:
My question was intended to draw on general knowledge of Samsungs like this one.

The better forum to search and ask is
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/list.cgi

There has been much more discussion there of Sansung TV discretes than here and people there are more likely to know any model specific, firmware specific, or other obscure facts and/or work arounds.

Anything you find there that is expressed in Pronto Hex can easily be translated back to JP1 form. So in looking there, focus on issues regarding your model of Samsung and don't focus on your remote being JP1.
herb23wc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick response.

[/quote]I assume only 0060 in your list is an official UEI setup code.
Quote:

Actually, all of the setup codes are UEI codes in that I have tries each one with my Comcast UEI remote and they operate the TV. On that topic, however, I tried to download data from the Comcast remote using my cable and IR. I couldn't get the data to download as it does with the 15-1994, though.

The better forum to search and ask is
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/list.cgi
Quote:

I have spent some time mining the remotecentral code forum, but will post this inquiry and see if anything comes of it.

Thanks again.
herb23wc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry... looks like I got the quote selection reversed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: