JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pioneer plasma: efc for input 6 ( hdmi )?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asinsh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: pioneer plasma: efc for input 6 ( hdmi )? Reply with quote

I've got a pioneer 4270 plasma with 6 inputs, and the upgrade codes I found in the file section only go up to input 5. Pioneer's OEM remote has a discrete button for input 6 so I know there is one. Anyone know the answer so I don't have to learn the signal and try to deconstruct it (which is probably above my skill level)?

Thanks.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go ahead and learn the signal you'll have your answer in no more than 3 minutes. Or you can wait hours or even days before someone comes along that actually has that TV and does the learning for you.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: pioneer plasma: efc for input 6 ( hdmi )? Reply with quote

asinsh wrote:
so I don't have to learn the signal and try to deconstruct it (which is probably above my skill level)?
Even if "deconstructing" it is above your skill level, learning it and posting the learned IR file to the diagnostic area with a link to it here will get someone to read the decode for you and an answer MUCH more quickly than hoping someone already has it.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
asinsh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I learned the signal along with the signals for all the other inputs and I see from IR that they are following a very clean pattern in a mixed pioneer protocol where the OBC for the first protocol remains constant but the OBC for the second protocol goes up by 1 for each input. But I don't know how to translate that to an actual KM function for mixed pioneer 170/175 protocol that uses only a single OBC and requires that I specify a byte2 command. Here's the chart showing info for each of the 6 inputs (and the one I am interested in is input 6 since I already have all the others).

Code:

function    protocol   device code     OBC      hex      EFC

Input 1      Pioneer   170            90      A5      231
Input 1      Pioneer   175            122      A1      007

Input 2      Pioneer   170            90      A5      231
Input 2      Pioneer   175            123      21      011

Input 3      Pioneer   170            90      A5      231
Input 3      Pioneer   175            124      C1      004

Input 4      Pioneer   170            90      A5      231
Input 4      Pioneer   175            125      41      008

Input 5      Pioneer   170            90      A5      231
Input 5      Pioneer   175            126      81      006

Input 6      Pioneer   170            90      A5      231
Input 6      Pioneer   175            127      01      010

I apologize but I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to be asking this here or posting the resulting IR in the diagnostic area...please feel free to tell me I should be doing something else...

[edit: I just uploaded the IR that has the learned commands here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3552 ... hope that helps]
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asinsh wrote:
I don't know how to translate that to an actual KM function for mixed pioneer 170/175

That depends on which Pioneer protocol you selected in KM.

Did you start from one of the posted upgrades for Pioneer 170/175? If so, which one (URL)?

The two I just looked at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1130
and
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1128
both use the Pioneer MIX protocol with Devices 170 and 175 and prefix command 211.

Your decodes have a prefix command of 90, so if you started with a similar upgrade you would need to put 90 in as the second prefix command (where it says Cmd2 OBC).

Then click over to the Protocol Help tab to find out what to put on the functions sheet, especially the byte2 column.

asinsh wrote:

I apologize but I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to be asking this here or posting the resulting IR in the diagnostic area...please feel free to tell me I should be doing something else...

The concise readable table of decode results was great. We ask for the .IR file in the diagnosis area for learned signals when there is a problem with the decode. Here there is no problem with the decode, so posting those was results was better than uploading the file.

Hopefully the protocol help tab will tell you all that you need to finish your upgrade.
asinsh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
asinsh wrote:
I don't know how to translate that to an actual KM function for mixed pioneer 170/175

That depends on which Pioneer protocol you selected in KM.

Did you start from one of the posted upgrades for Pioneer 170/175? If so, which one (URL)?

The two I just looked at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1130
and
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1128
both use the Pioneer MIX protocol with Devices 170 and 175 and prefix command 211...

Yes, my existing KM upgrade uses pio 170/175 and cmd1(obc) of 211. I assume I can 'convert' this data over to 211 format (and not use 90 at all) if I stare at the protocol help long enough...I'll try that, but any tips you have would be appreciated as well. Or, are you saying that the way that I learned the codes will make it impossible to stick with 211 clean so that I need to clutter up the upgrade with a second cmd prefix?
asinsh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just tried to do what I thought the protocol help tab was saying: I put 90 in CMD2 of the upgrade setup page (for pio 170/175 where I continued to use 211 for CMD1) and then I used '3' in byte 2 abd OBC 127 (from the learend signal) in the function tab. Didn't work. I must be dense but I'm not getting this...sorry.
asinsh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies...that worked fine. I just forgot to assign the function to an actual key Embarassed

So now that it all works, is there anything 'bad' about using that second cmd prefix rather than continuing to try to figure out a code for the 211 cmd prefix the way all the other inputs in the upgrade have?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asinsh wrote:
I assume I can 'convert' this data over to 211 format (and not use 90 at all)

Those commands use 90. With 211 they would be some other commands. There is no conversion. But ...

asinsh wrote:
using that second cmd prefix rather than continuing to try to figure out a code for the 211 cmd prefix the way all the other inputs in the upgrade have?

Do I understand you correctly, the 211 versions of the other discrete input select commands (that you found in that upgrade) work for your TV?

If so, the first five input commands each have two different versions. There doesn't seem to be any relationship among the numbers, so more likely there is no 211 version of the input 6 command.
asinsh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your help. Yes, the other inputs all have claen 211 versions that work on my device upgrade. But I guess it doesn't matter one way or another...it's all working now and I imagine that it isn't any less 'efficient' so I'm all set.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: