JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer VSX-D710S Receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boyfood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-D710S Receiver Reply with quote

My problem is with my receiver which is a Pioneer VSX-D710S. I bought it over 4 years ago. Anyway, it seemed to be working fine until I didn't play it for over 5 months, waiting until new ceiling speakers were installed. Well, they got installed and the installers turned the Pioneer on to show me how good the new Klipsch speakers sounded. But, after they left, I plugged my iPOD into the AUX and then cranked up the volume. About 2 minutes later, the music stopped, the LED read OVERLOAD and then the receiver turned itself off. Next day, I turned it back on to FM radio, kept the volume low - it stayed on longer, like 6 minutes, but again OVERLOAD appeared. Does this mean my fan's not working?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an answer for you, but am very interested in what you find out, since I have the exact same receiver and one never knows when such knowledge may prove useful.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First step: disconnect the speakers and see if it will stay on (with the volume control at a moderate to high level.

If it still shuts off (expect a longer time till shutdown) then something is wrong with the amp and service will be required. If there is an internal fan you should be able to tell by either sound or air movement if it's running.

If it stays on then there is a chance that the speakers are wired in such a way that the impedence to the amp is incorrect. You should also check that all of the speakers are working (one or more of them could be shorted out)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: