JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Japanese Panasonic codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garypen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Japanese Panasonic codes Reply with quote

Would anybody know if Panasonic equipment used in Japan uses the same remote codes as those for the US market? I plan on setting up a Slingbox in Japan. But, due to the different broadcast standards, I will have to use an external device to tune in the broadcasts. And, obviously, I will need to control it from here.
GLJones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one are you looking for? We have ours connected to a DCH505 box in Tokyo and the DCH500 remote included in the slingbox software works for some functions. It is the generic sling remote so it doesn't look like the actual remote. Many of the functions are missing as well but it works well enough to switch channels and see the guide.
garypen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it could be DMR-EH75, if memory serves. It's one of those DVD-R/VHS/HDD recorders.

I will probably end up using one of the new Sony LocationFree units, not Slingbox, as Sony makes a receiver box negating the use of a PC on the near end.

I just hope that Panasonic uses the same codes in Japan and US for their DMR models.

BTW, I have no idea what the DCH prefix means. Is that a cable/satellite receiver?
GLJones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Digital Cable Box. The slingbox has a DCH500 listed that works for simple stuff but many of the functions are not there and the remote is the generic sling one with many disabled buttons.
GLJones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 location free units but they are 1st generation and there have been no recent firmware updates to add any of the new remotes and it doesn't support programming.

Jerry
garypen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd generation LF units are said to be excellent. I would think they have preset codes for the Panasonic DMR units, very common nowadays. I will have to hope that the Japanese DMR models respond to the US codes. Chances are very good that they will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: