JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with RM Ver 1.62

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Help with RM Ver 1.62 Reply with quote

Have attemtpted to use RM Ver 1.62 to create a set-up code for an AKAI PDP4273M HDTV plasma display. Have used it in conjunction with an OFA 8811 learning remote and have successfully programmed the 8811. Had some interesting issues, however. First attempt I downloaded a device code file for my panasonic HT900 HTIB. Updated the 8811 with IR.exe and RM without any problem. On my second attempt to use RM, I could only get two remotes identified, both version of Slingbox (sp ?). I ended up deleting RM and re-installing it to recover the 8811 remote file. Went through two learning sessions with RM to capture the original AKAI codes and get them into the 8811. However, when I tried to save the file in RM using Save As, nothing happened. The codes have been transferred to the 8811 through IR.exe, but there is no associated RM file anywhere, in spite of saving it three times. After re-starting RM, I have also noticed the "Recent" button under the file menu is greyed out. Would like to post the file for the AKAI for others to use, but it looks like I have lost it. Can it be extracted from the 8811, independent of all of the other devices (HTIB, Cable, and VCR)?

DougD
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a clue to the appearance of Slingbox - two RDFs for Slingbox are at the root, and all other RDFs are one level below. So just point it there ...\RDFs for IR and RM Version 1[1].25\RDF. Then again it might be something else.
DougD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it occured, there was no way to point RM to the RDF file folder. It somehow got directed to the file folder above it. Re-installing it cured the problem. Still can't find where the files are saved. Everytime you exit the program, it asks you if you want to save it, which I do, but there is no information provided as to where the saved file is located.

Doug D
DougD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it occured, there was no way to point RM to the RDF file folder. It somehow got directed to the file folder above it. Re-installing it cured the problem. Still can't find where the files are saved. Everytime you exit the program, it asks you if you want to save it, which I do, but there is no information provided as to where the saved file is located.

Doug D
joedaring

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I also have the "Save" option greyed out, and the "Save as" function NOT doing anything visible...

Also, upon exiting, and after RM prompts you to save the upgrade you are working on, answering "Yes" yelds no saved files whatsoever...

I'm afraid it is a bug! Sad

I resorted to 1.61 here...

Ciao! Joe
DougD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get 1.61? Is it still available?

Dougd
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I messed up and RM 1.62 isn't working.

RM's home is http://controlremote.sourceforge.net
There are links to the download page, where you can download old versions.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: