JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will using a discrete OFF command mess up a TOADTOG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sic0048

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Will using a discrete OFF command mess up a TOADTOG Reply with quote

I'm new to all this, so I'm sorry if this is a little basic.

All of my equipment has discrete On and Off EXCEPT my Onkyo receiver. It has discrete off, but toggle on only (and I've researched this quite a bit to know it is true - Onkyo HT-R510).

I am looking at building some power macros and wanted to know if I use the discrete off commands (lets say on a Long power button press), will it cause my Onkyo TOAD device to get out of synch?

I'm still getting the basics down and haven't tried building these macros yet. I could eventually just experiement to see the results, but I figured I would ask and avoid wasting my time trying to build my macros in a way that won't work anyway.

Thanks for your help.

My Equipment:
OFA 8910 - extender 1
Zenith C32V37 HDTV (32" 4:3 ratio with built-in HD tuner)
Onkyo TX-R510 Receiver (6.1 channel receiver)
Panasonic DVD-F85 (5 disc DVD changer)
JVC S-VHS VCR HR-S3901U
johann83

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the device has a discrete off command, I wouldn't really bother with ToadTog. If you want to simulate a discrete on, just use a macro that does "discrete off, power toggle" and that should guarantee that the device is on. In general, if you can find a way to avoid ToadTogs, it's probably better in the long run. It may be relatively easy for you to keep things in sync, but it can be more difficult trying to explain this to non-JP1 users (e.g. wives, girlfriends, visitors etc).

Otherwise, you can still use a ToadTog and just force the internal toggle off when you issue a discrete off command. This should prevent the device from getting out of sync with the remote. You can experiment with this when you get around to creating the macros, and you may find other better ways to do things.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: