JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TEAC Widescreen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RisingPhoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: TEAC Widescreen Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a OFA URC7544

I am trying to get discrete codes for TEAC TV Model CTW 2850S i dont have access to the original remote.

If possible im specifically looking for remote codes for

Power on and off
Input Codes
Display mode - ie: 16:9, 4:3, Cinema, Zoom, Auto
Codes for Teletext if possible

Thanks guys

Steve
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing in the yahoo files area.

I searched with google for your device and found nothing.

I went to the TEAC-australia web site and also found nothing.

(For some reason I think you might be from Australia. Am I correct?)

Oh, back to your device - is that model number correct, and if so, can you direct me to a web page that I can read about that item?

It is going to get confusing over here if we keep getting people named Steve. Razz
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I also searched remotecentral.com for any pronto.ccf files on the device.
Nada, zilch, zippo, a whole lot of nothing. Shocked
JP1Files
RisingPhoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed i am from australia, i wish TEAC had the specs available online, but they are not there anymore! maybe more luck with a euro website (I cant find one anywhere).
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: TEAC Widescreen Reply with quote

RisingPhoenix wrote:

I am trying to get discrete codes for TEAC TV Model CTW 2850S i dont have access to the original remote.

If you don't have the original remote, why are you looking just for discrete codes, rather than for the codes for basic functions?

Do you know the setup code for the basic functions?
RisingPhoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have setup the OFA basically with the manufacturer codes, however, the problem is the power will only standby the unit, so i am after a discrete on, also, as i would like to setup a macro, it would be nice to know the codes to switch on -> S-VHS or switch on -> AV1
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John S Fine is quite smart, I see what he is getting at.

If you are using your current universal remote to control it, and if you can tell us what setup code you used, John would be able to tell you what protocol you are using and there may be lists of advanced codes for the functions you seek.

I don't think anyone is going to recommend that you randomly try pressing the setup ("P" key on some remotes) key and then a three digit code from 000 to 255 (and see if the TV does something) to see if you can find these advance codes on your own, as one of these 256 codes might put the set into a "service mode" (this is a bad thing), and this method might not actually do anything worthwhile anyway, depending on what protocol you are using (eg combo protocol).

On a different note, do you yet have a JP1 cable? If not, you have come at the right time, there are now three different flavors of cable you can build (USB, serial, and parallel, all thanks to Tommy Tyler)! Come join the party! As of right now you can buy (see market place on this site) the parallel version from hovis, filebug, others, but in the (hopefully near) future perhaps all three will be for sale.

Tommy Tyler, we all pretty much agree, is a genius. He designs these fantastic interface cables and his documentation on how to build them is spectacular. No, even better than that, I would say both the design of the device in its simplicity, and the beatiful well laid out documentation, they are breathtaking. And then hovis, filebug and others will eventually market these cables to those of us who do not have a workarea (me) to build projects, or people too busy, or people too lazy (also me) to build their own. And Tommy does not see a penny from these sales. I guess Tommy's day job pays his bills, but if I had a choice of several places to buy my cable(s) from, and one of them was a "Tommy's JP1 Cables" website, I would buy it there just to help defray the value of his time in designing and documenting these wonders.
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RisingPhoenix wrote:
I have setup the OFA basically with the manufacturer codes, however, the problem is the power will only standby the unit, so i am after a discrete on, also, as i would like to setup a macro, it would be nice to know the codes to switch on -> S-VHS or switch on -> AV1
Right, but we still need to know the manufacturer's codes. What numbers did you put in when you set this thing up? If you lost the manual, download it HERE, and read on page 10 how to get the remote to tell you the four digit setup code you put in it when you bought it. (TV, MagicButton until blinks twice, 9-9-0, then press 1 and it will blink the first digit of the code, press 2 and it will blink the second digit of the code, press 3 and it will blink the third digit of the code press 4 and it will blink the forth digit of the code) Let us know what the setup code is.
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10 Teac TV setup codes listed in the urc7544 manual use 7 different IR protocols. I think that means Teac is rebranding other companies' TV's.

That means that looking for discrete codes for the same brand (Teac) is a waste of time, while looking for discrete codes for some other TV that uses the same setup code is probably your best bet.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10 codes John mentions above are :
0217 0512 0037 0455 0264 0009 0171 0412 0349 0668.
So when you query your remote, the code it tells you should be one of the above setup codes.
(this is from page 16 of the urc7544 manual.)
JP1Files
RisingPhoenix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code being used is 0037, at this stage, no i havent yet got a JP1 cable, and even though im electronics by trade, i may indeed go the lazy way out.

Steve
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RisingPhoenix wrote:
power will only standby the unit, so i am after a discrete on

Do I understand that correctly: The power key preprogrammed in TV/0037 puts your TV just into "standby" not out of "standby"?

How do you turn the TV on?

What is the difference between "standby" and off?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/0037 is RC5 protocol device 0. There are many different TV's that use that RC5:0 and they aren't consistent in the way they do discrete commands, so we would need more information to narrow it down.

One large family of TV's using RC5:0 has discrete on as 018 and discrete off as 082 and discrete AV2 as 210.

TV/0037 has command 018 preprogrammed to the PLAY button (I don't know why a TV setup code has transport keys preprogrammed, but it it looks like it does).

I hope you know how to test EFC numbers (that 082 and 210, and if I'm wrong about PLAY, the 018 as well). Do a short press of "magic" followed by the 3 digit number. The signal is sent as you press the third digit.

That family of TV's has most of its discrete codes in RC5 device 3 rather than device 0. TV/0037 can't generate device 3, so if your TV has those discrete codes you'll need a different setup code. With JP1 that's easy. I'll check later if a 7544 has a way to do RC5:3 without a JP1 cable.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
TV/0037 has command 018 preprogrammed to the PLAY button (I don't know why a TV setup code has transport keys preprogrammed, but it it looks like it does).

If this is a European code, the transport keys are used to navigate the teletext screens, so 018 is probably a teletext code.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I don't like the teletext theory is that this command of RC5 device 0 is on the Play key in TV/0037, TV/0512, TV/0556 and TV/0655 (and maybe others). That should mean it represents a feature of several different TV models.

I have MANY CCF files (for many different models of TV) that include this particular command. In the majority of cases it is clearly labeled as a discrete on. In the remainder it is unclearly labeled and used in a way that my first guess at the meaning would be discrete on. I don't have a single example of that command in any CCF file that is inconsistent with the theory that it is discrete on (of course I also have plenty of other CCF files that match most of TV/0037 but don't have that command at all).

That means if Play in those four setup codes meant something other than discrete on, I somehow missed grabbing CCF files for any model for which those four setup codes were intended.

BTW, TV/0556 can generate most of the device 3 commands that are used for discrete input select and discrete display mode select for some of the TV's that use that discrete on (and otherwise match TV/0037). However, a few of those commands (including 4:3, 16:9 and Panorama) cannot be done with TV/0556 nor with anything else built in on the 7544. You would need JP1. Also most of those TV's that mostly match TV/0037 do not have those discrete commands in the CCF, so either most of the actual TV's don't have those discrete commands or most of the CCF authors didn't know the discrete commands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: