JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questions about the URC-9910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joedaring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob...

I'm playing with JP1 and the 9960 B01 you shipped me a few days ago, which I'm already liking A LOT...

Boys! This is addictive stuff! Smile

Actually, I'm doing nice progresses in getting all my devices known to the Kameleon 8, but I'm already missing the advanced features that an Extender may add to it... (LKP/DKP mostly)

So, while the great Nils works on the promised version of his 9960 Extender compatible with the B01, I'm thinking about getting another JP1 remote from you, Rob, and I'm looking to the 8910/9910... but have a few questions before I make my choice...

- You state that the 8910 is B02 and the 9910 is B01... does this mean that the former is more up-to-date, or the two simply use a different version numbering?

- These two are exactly the same, apart of the RF capability, right?

The 9910 would be more interesting considering that, because of its RF capabilities, it may be more effective with Macros since it doesn't need to be aimed at the HT devices throughout the Macro's execution, but I have a couple of questions on this too Smile

- Does it come with the "old" base RF unit or with something nicer like the base RF unit that comes with the 9964? The old one is a bit bulky and may pose some restrictions in installation...

- Regardless of the style, does it use an external power supply (AKA "Wall-Wart" Smile, or the power supply is embedded?
And, is the mains supply ONLY 110VAC, or is it useable also here in EU with our 220VAC mains supply?

- If it doesn't use a Wall-wart, and it is incompatible with our 220VAC, have you ever opened one of these units? Do you happen to know if the power supply uses a standard Transformer-based circuit, or one of the more modern transformerless switching power supply circuits?

This is, of course, to try and understand if I could use the base station, and hence the RF capabilities, if I go with the 9910...

Sorry for being such a P.I.T.A. (Pain in the... you know what! Smile ), but how could I get some answers otherwise???

Thanks again, Rob... your attention is very appreciated...

Joe
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joedaring wrote:
Boys! This is addictive stuff! Smile
Indeed!
joedaring wrote:
You state that the 8910 is B02 and the 9910 is B01... does this mean that the former is more up-to-date, or the two simply use a different version numbering?

- These two are exactly the same, apart of the RF capability, right?
That is correct. The 8910 is not "more up-to-date" than the 9910. Same button layout, same case, same built-in device code library.
joedaring wrote:
- Does it come with the "old" base RF unit or with something nicer like the base RF unit that comes with the 9964? The old one is a bit bulky and may pose some restrictions in installation...
It has the "old" style, identical to the RS 15-2117 and HTPro RF base stations.
joedaring wrote:
- Regardless of the style, does it use an external power supply (AKA "Wall-Wart" Smile, or the power supply is embedded?
Embedded.
joedaring wrote:

And, is the mains supply ONLY 110VAC, or is it useable also here in EU with our 220VAC mains supply?
110 VAC only. I use mine in the UK through a 220-110 transformer (as I have a bunch of US-market gear that also requires 110).
joedaring wrote:
- If it doesn't use a Wall-wart, and it is incompatible with our 220VAC, have you ever opened one of these units? Do you happen to know if the power supply uses a standard Transformer-based circuit, or one of the more modern transformerless switching power supply circuits?
This problem has been solved with a relatively simple hardware hack, described in THIS STICKY POST from the hardware section.
joedaring wrote:
This is, of course, to try and understand if I could use the base station, and hence the RF capabilities, if I go with the 9910...
Of course you can. It just requires a bit of perseverance.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
joedaring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Capn Trips!

Errrr. I forgot one question...

Are the "Command Centers" Remote-specific?

I mean, can a 9910 be used with a "new style" command center?

I'm getting twisted here Smile

Thanks

Joe
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya got me there. I'm pretty sure that the RS 15-2117, URC 9910 and HTPro Command Centers are identical and interchangeable, but I know naught of the "new style" ones to which you refer. I would presume they would not reinvent the wheel, so I would think it likely that they use the same RF puck and frequency, but cannot make a statement of certainty to that effect.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joedaring wrote:
Are the "Command Centers" Remote-specific?

Nope, they're all interchangeable.
joedaring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit!

I should have gotten a 9964, to get the small command center...

Rob, if you come out with a price for the 9964 let me know...

Ciao!

Joe
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9964 that I have has the regular command center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: