JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARIZA fta satellite receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1hogarth1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: ARIZA fta satellite receiver Reply with quote

I have an ariza 700 fta reciever that is not in the slingbox menu....the remote controller is nameless...I know there a way to get the ir codes from the remote to the sling software....but how do I get the ir codes from the remote to the pc....is that what the JP1 cable is? Is it a ir receiver that I have to program sort of like a learning remote. Just want to know if this is the way it works or if someone just has the remote codes already...I'm terribly new to this...any help would be greatly appreciatted
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an upgrade file for an "Ariza Ultra 400" here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1034

I have no idea whether that uses the same codes as your model.

A JP1 cable lets the PC read and write the eeprom of certain remote controls, mainly sold under the brand name OneForAll. If you had such a remote and it was a learning model, and you learned the signals from the Ariza remote, then you could use the JP1 cable to transfer those learned signals to the PC.

If the Ariza remote itself happened to be JP1 compatible, you could probably transfer the required information from it to the PC. (Some private labeled remotes are rebranded remotes from the makers of the OneForAll brand).

If none of the above is a path to getting the codes you need, you might consider "CaptureIr" (discussed in various threads here). It is an ir receiver/decoder (as you seemed to expect the JP1 cable to be). You would need to construct it yourself from inexpensive parts, and then it would cost less than getting a JP1 compatible learning remote plus JP1 cable.
1hogarth1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks john>>>>you answered all my questions...cheers!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: