JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spacestar 700-500 need help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvbspider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Spacestar 700-500 need help Reply with quote

I found on code section the spacestar 500 it in txt file, how did I change to use to SLINGBOX..

do I have to chanGe to BIN file, ???
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5586
dvbspider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: need help.. Reply with quote

I found the way using RemoteMaster I, was able to make a rdf file with the text code from remote I found here..

so my question is how do I make a bin file from a rdf file.

I have been look over all remotemaster, but I dont found nothing.

I fallow the readme file from RM , but I think I am to slow, to get this..

please if some know how to do this I, will provide the rdf file,,

thanks.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe you made a rdf file. Maybe you made a .rmdu file?

Have you read http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/10580/?

Steps 7 - 10 of the section entitled "The Steps to Use a JP1 Upgrade" tell you how to create a bin file using RM
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: need help.. Reply with quote

dvbspider wrote:
I found the way using RemoteMaster I, was able to make a rdf file with the text code from remote I found here..

so my question is how do I make a bin file

Here's your step by step...
1. follow the link in my last post.
2. click on the first link on that page (under the heading "I have written an article that describes the whole process here")
3. Follow the step by step on that page (paying particular attention to step 10)
4. You can no longer edit the SBAV.cfg file as described in that article, so you should follow Step 4 in the second article linked to.
dvbspider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: help.. Reply with quote

Robman

I try to go to setp but it dont show me nothing how to make the bin file for slingbox
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvbspider wrote:
Robman. I try to go to setp but it dont show me nothing how to make the bin file for slingbox

Really? We must be looking at different sites. I told you to look at step 10 from the first page which reads "Select "Advanced" menu option, then select "Export Binary Upgrade". This will give you a windows pop-up screen where you can select where you want to save the binary file, you should navigate to the SBAV folder in your Sling Player directory and save it there.", that sure sounds like something about how to make the bin file to me.

The second link takes you to an article called "Creating Your Own Remote Bin File Directly From Your Remote Control!", which again sure sounds like it's going to have some info about bin files and sure enough, step 3.15 reads "Click Advanced | Export Binary Upgrade... -> save the file to your SBAV directory.".

It sure sounds to me like you're not reading the articles that I'm pointing you to, which is disappointing. Given that I wrote the first of those two articles, if I were to repeat the instructions here I don't imagine that they will be any clearer than the articles themselves, so I don't think we can really help you much here.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvb, you have to explain with a lot more detail what step of the process you are having trouble with.

Have you read the articles linked by Rob above?
Have you made a rmdu file in RM?
Have you created a bin file from RM? (The process is described in the articles referenced above, but if you cannot figure it out, it is in RM's "Advanced>Export Binary Upgrade" drop-down menu selection)
Have you then added that newly-created BIN file as described in the articles liked?

If you don't say what you HAVE done and at what point you CANNOT do what the readme says, it's hard to give you any further help.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
dvbspider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
dvb, you have to explain with a lot more detail what step of the process you are having trouble with.

Have you created a bin file from RM? (The process is described in the articles referenced above, but if you cannot figure it out, it is in RM's "Advanced>Export Binary Upgrade" drop-down menu selection)
Have you then added that newly-created BIN file as described in the articles liked?

If you don't say what you HAVE done and at what point you CANNOT do what the readme says, it's hard to give you any further help.

Yes

yes

here i got the problem,,

I just have create the rmdu ,, so my problem is when I go to Advanced >Export binary Upgrade --I dont see any bin file create, the only file a creat is rmdu.

My question is how to create a rmdu to bin , please can some one make setp by setp.?????

becuase on the link below it only show you how to export the bin file,, I undertand that part very clear...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

dvbspider wrote:
I just have create the rmdu ,, so my problem is when I go to Advanced >Export binary Upgrade --I dont see any bin file create, the only file a creat is rmdu.

My question is how to create a rmdu to bin , please can some one make setp by setp.?????

becuase on the link below it only show you how to export the bin file,, I undertand that part very clear...

You CREATE a bin file by USING the "Export binary upgrade" function, try it, you'll see.
dvbspider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
dvbspider wrote:

You CREATE a bin file by USING the "Export binary upgrade" function, try it, you'll see.

what I mean when i click on Advanced >Export binary Upgrade, is no BIN file there and no rmdu file... It won't show the rmdu
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be getting tripped up on the wording. The export function is the function that you use to ***CREATE*** the binary upgrade, so of course it's not there now because you haven't created it yet.

So pretend that the "Export binary upgrade" function is really called "Create binary upgrade" and see if that helps.
dvbspider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You seem to be getting tripped up on the wording. The export function is the function that you use to ***CREATE*** the binary upgrade, so of course it's not there now because you haven't created it yet.

So pretend that the "Export binary upgrade" function is really called "Create binary upgrade" and see if that helps.

Robman when i click :Advanced it gives 4 options

Export binary is not dark letters is light letters I can click it.

the only I can click is :

import raw upgrade
import binary upgrade
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That implies that you haven't selected the Slingbox as your "remote".
dvbspider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
That implies that you haven't selected the Slingbox as your "remote".

And where a select Slingbox as my remote, I dont see it at RM
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: