JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it possible to lose the factory programming on an 8910?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garypen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Is it possible to lose the factory programming on an 8910? Reply with quote

This remote has worked fine with factory pre-sets in the past. But today, it started acting weird after upgrading via IR.exe. All of the devices that use device upgrades work fine. But, the TV device, which is set to the factory 0000 for Sony TV's, doesn't work at all. And, when I attempt to load any factory preset into any device setup, I get a "not found" error.

Is there a way to restore the remote to original factory programmming? I tried an "ops reset". It went through the correct motions. Yet, the unit still seems to have lost its internal factory codes.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two suggestions and a comment:

Comment: I doubt that the remote can lose it's factory codes as they are stored in ROM, which nothing JP1 does can affect.

Suggestion 1: Upload your faulty IR file to the diagnosis area and post a link to it here and someone will have a look

Suggestion 2: Instead of just an OPS reset, do a MFR reset:
Press and hold "set" until the LCD display changes into setup mode
Press "rec"
Follow the MFR reset prompts

(Perhaps you have mixed up an extender rdf with a non-extender IR image or something? Suggestion 1 should shed some light on that.)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
garypen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the IR file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3305

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IR file looks fine to me, as far as I can tell, and the TV device should be using the built-in TV/0000 code, as you suggest.

My only suggestion would be to do the MFR reset described above, and see if any manually-entered device setup codes resume working, and hopefully all will be well and you can re-upload your IR file.

If it doesn't work, post back here, and hopefully an expert will step in.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
garypen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the MFR reset as soon as I read that post. I also revrted to an earlier IR file using IR 6.10, instead of 6.20, thinking that if it worked originally using the older software and file, it should work again. (I had put away this remote, and not used it for almost a year.)

The TV functionalty seemed to return temporarily. But, it only works for a few key strokes. Then stops working. The odd thing is that the problem is only for this TV using the TV device key with the factory 0000 code in this particular remote. One good thing is that it will accept factory codes again.

If I program the factory code for my bedroom TV into this remote's TV key, the functions work OK with that TV. If I use a different JP1 remote prgrammed to 0000 on the TV device key, that ]remote works OK with the Sony TV.

The problem seems to be with only this remote with this TV, which leads me to believe it is a problem with this specific remote. (That's why I originally posted to the "non-jp1" forum. Why it was moved to "beginners", I do not know.)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
The problem seems to be with only this remote with this TV, which leads me to believe it is a problem with this specific remote. (That's why I originally posted to the "non-jp1" forum. Why it was moved to "beginners", I do not know.)

I moved it because of this line in your original post "it started acting weird after upgrading via IR.exe". If the problem is related to a load performed using IR.exe, it is by definition a "JP1" problem.

The non-JP1 forum is there for non-JP1 users to ask questions of the JP1 experts. Seeing that a post is in the non-JP1 forum alerts us to the fact, and therefore we won't post replies like "did you try the upgrade from the file section", etc.

Back to your problem, have you tried fresh batteries in the remote?
garypen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to pick up new AAA's. However, I did use a battery tester on the existing ones, thinking that low batteries might be the problem. But, they are all way up in the "green", signifying proper strength.

I won't entirely rule out the possibility of bad batteries, though, until I try fresh ones. You never know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: