JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dishplayer 7200 remote, found KM file, Use RM, slingbox.map?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaydog1213

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Dishplayer 7200 remote, found KM file, Use RM, slingbox.map? Reply with quote

Goal: bin for Dishplayer 7200 remote (PTV functions etc)

Followed instructions in guide. When I launch RM I get an error that it can't find slingbox.map. I looked everywhere and can't find where to get this file. It seems to point to RM sub directory "images".

Where is slingbox.map, what am I doing wrong?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have likely not downloaded the RM map and images files recently. Go to the Tools>Main section of the File Area and download the latest RemoteMaster amps and images.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jaydog1213

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Version 1.24 Reply with quote

I download the latest version as far as I can tell (version 1.24). There is not a file named Slingbox.map in the extracted files.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go: Slingbox Image and Map.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
jaydog1213

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Slingbox.map Reply with quote

Thanks, thats what I was looking for!

However, it still doesn't work. I can produce a *.bin but Slingbox does not accept it. I have to take a break from this... I am so frustrated.

Slingmedia should make a huge donation to JP1's developers.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your bin file so we can see if you messed it up somehow. Do you know for sure which model of the Slingbox you have? If in doubt, did you create both a JU and PL file?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I don't have authority to replace Maps and Images required for RM - Version 1.24 with an updated version that includes the Slingbox map and images. Could you do that please (or enable me to do it)?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it now.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated it.
jaydog1213

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Bin Reply with quote

http://geocities.com/jaydog1213/S2005_JU.bin

RMDU: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1529

Thanks
whompus

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaydog... I am not sure what went wrong in your bin file. The raw info in it is for a jvc of some type with device 84. Try this bin file in the sling http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3282 it should work the dish box.
jaydog1213

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: trying new bin Reply with quote

Thanks for the new bin. I still got the same error message with the Slingbox software.

I followed the instructions similar to:
http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/11832/;jsessionid=A82959CA5569060936EE5682D65B17D2
(of course substitute DVD for SAT)

End result:
http://geocities.com/jaydog1213/screenshot.jpg

Not a bad install. Copied the bin to the SBAV directory with the rest of the bins.

A little Dishplayer history: to my knowledge dish network produced this receiver under two brand names: Phillips & JVC (mine is JVC). They came out with two models: 7100 & 7200.
The only major difference between the two is hard drive size (more recording time). The 7200 came with a larger hard drive and a more intuitive remote. The folks that bought the 7100 were stuck with a smaller hard drive (unless they upgrade themselves, DIY). They could purchase the new remote that came with the 7200. I believe that people that decided to keep their 7100's did purchase the new remote. The new remote made navigating the PTV features so much easier. However, once the 7100 people upgraded to use the new remote the old remote no longer operated their 7100. So basically the people with 7100's that upgraded got a receiver upgrade to respond to the new remotes codes. (the receiver "knew" to use the new codes for the new remote by the user "telling" their receiver they had the new remote)

Note: Dish did not have people specify the "make" (Phillips/JVC) of their receivers for the remote. There were no problems with people buying the new remotes off eBay with any type of 7100.

Thanks for your efforts.
whompus

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it now. I changed it to be jvc. If it does work you may want to redo the button layout.
jaydog1213

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: bin back to JVC Reply with quote

I tried the new bin and it didn't work (same error message in screen shot). The bins that come with slingplayer load regardless if its the wrong code. For example, after selecting a code from the list it should load and "enable" the button directly under the tv preview screen. It gives the user a chance to test the remote (usually power button) before continuing the wizard.

I have attempted to contact slingmedia tech support. I just get an autogenerated e-mail stating that I will receive a message in 1 business day. I never did hear from them. Even after second contact.......

On their support site it sounds like their approach is to release new remote codes with each release of software. It seems more intuitive that the slingplayer would connect to a database to retrieve new remote codes. It would probably ease most the load on their tech support (redundancy). Of course, looking from a business prospective. Frustrated users (me) will keep trying to make it work and then post a working bin for my particular model. Then SlingMedia will probably go along and sweep up this free labor and include it in their next release. If it wasn't for the member-helping-member support that Slingmedia has a link to I wouldn't even know about JP1.

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: