JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you do it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: How do you do it? Reply with quote

I have an original ReplayTV system with the remote, I would like to take the codes from my remote, put them into Keymap-master, add codes etc and put them back. Can somebody tell me how to do that, step by step so I can understand it? I have read all the nerd tutorials and cant make them work, can I get Help? Thanks.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your replay remote is using a regular canned code, you won't be able to look at them. With all the device upgrades in the files at JP-1 yahoo group, you should be able to find something to use. Just look under Files>devices>pvr's. Just load one that looks good into KM, check button assignments, and there's a good chance that what you wanted to add is already added.. Then load the resultant upgrade, adjusted for your replay remote into IR>devicves>add, and the rest of the easy steps, and you should be good to go.

Jim
wacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a URC-9800 Jp1 remote, is there any way to take codes from it, modify them, and put them back. Or has nobody figured how to do that yet either. Thanks.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9800 is a learner, and this would be feasible EXCEPT, that the learning portion uses it's own MCU and eeprom. There is a hack if you want to look at the learned signals with IR. You'll have to evaluate whether you want to go thru that effort.
Jim
wacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer but I know about the seperate learning chip on this remote, can the other code data be extracted and modified to be put back, or has that hack not been made yet? Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: the Replay remote
There's no need to extract codes from the remote and then re-add them, just create the upgrades that you need using KM or RM and them load them into the remote. Chances are very good that all the upgrades you need are located in the Yahoo file section. If all you are looking for is an updated code for Replay, that's certainly there.

Re: the URC-9800
Same story as for the Replay remote, just find the upgrades that you need, modify them using KM or RM, then upload them.

If you are inclined to get into doing hardware mods, there is a mod that will allow you to read the data on the URC-9800's learning chip. The details of the mod are in the Hardware folder over at Yahoo.

Rob
wacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the reply, I should explain that I thought the access to remote codes for modification was logical because I have had no success using the method described in the beginers guide (Tommy Tyler Rev 1.1 of 4/8/02). In this guide the process is shown using software that is no longer current. I have tried it over and over but with no success.
My problem is probably in the transfer of information between programs, but I dont know for sure. Is there a more current beginers guide available? Thank You.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the screen shots are out of date, the overall process is still pretty much the same. Please try and describe what you tried and what went wrong.

If I ever get the chance, I do intend to make some new screen shots and try and put together an abreviated version of the Beginners document. (But, I'd be totally happy if someone else want's to try and take this on)

Rob
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
(But, I'd be totally happy if someone else want's to try and take this on)

Oh, Tommy?... are ya listenin' Question Very Happy
wacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I seem to be going in the right direction, I have ReplayTV remote functions working on my URC-9800 remote. I need more time to play. Thanks again....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: