JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete Aspect Ratio for TV 0053 (JVC AV32F703)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raycmaple

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Discrete Aspect Ratio for TV 0053 (JVC AV32F703) Reply with quote

Since it isn't listed in the advanced code file, I suspect the answer is no, but has anyone found discrete codes for 16:9 / 3:2 on a JVC AV32F703? The file has discrete codes for on, off and inputs (thank you!), but not for aspect ratio. I could build a toadtog for this, but it is VERY likely to get out of sync, since a power-on always brings the TV up in 3:2 mode, and the family is always using the power button on the set.

After reading about the danger of accidentally putting a TV in service mode, I'm reluctant to go trying "unused" efcs.

Thanks,
Ray
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,

In my "database" I have these EFC's but IIRC, they came from a UK set, so use at your own risk. Your TV may start speaking with a British accent Smile

EFC

167 Wide
131 16x9
112 Cinema
jetstar52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
use at your own risk.

This phrase translates to, "try it out on the display model at Best Buy before risking your own gear."
raycmaple

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I know what two of these do.

131 (16:9) acts like a two press toggle on this TV. The first press brings up a menu to tell you which mode you are in (as if you couldn't tell already), and a second press changes it. This would be the basis of a toadtog discrete.

167 (Wide) refers to audio - a "hyper surround" mode

112 ?? The advanced codes file lists this as "Cinema/Game." Sounds like it should be safe to try, but .... I like the "Best buy" approach. Smile If only this set was still in stores.

Ray
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,

Is it possible when the menu comes up to select with numerals. This is often a hidden feature with menus. So Menu|3|Enter picks the third item on the list rather than using the less reliable Menu|Dn|Dn|Enter.

The second idea is to decode all the JVC HDTV's with DecodeCCF and see if you find some other promising leads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: