JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

radio shack 15-2133 upgrade to add LG DVD & Thomson Cabl

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravais

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: radio shack 15-2133 upgrade to add LG DVD & Thomson Cabl Reply with quote

Hello Gents,

Sorry if this mail is misplaced, i have read through this forum here and stuff at remote central and have googled till i turned red but haven't come across any decent info on IRtoWav converter that is supposed to work with IR.exe.

I got KM, then searched for the upgrade files for LG dvd and Thomson cable box, then loaded them in KM and then copied the device and protocol data to IR. I have linked the RDF path and IR2WAV path in IR.exe as well. All is swell till here then when i try to use export to wave function then a msg comes up saying unable to write to the directory. So I manually dragged and dropped the file onto the IR2Wav batch file, and i get an error message
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException: 4097 at IRToWav.main(IRToWav.java:169)
and then itsays prepare remote but then says couldn't find file upgrade.wav.

I checked the readme and it says you should have atleast java JRE 1.4, i checked using java -version command on the prompt and it says that i have java 1.5.06 installed.

Another quick one, when i use IR.exe and then select my RDF for 15-2133 it gives me about 6 RDFs applicable to 15-2133, mine is a generation one remote, how do i know which RDF is applicable from outside of the remote. 1K, 2k, 4K or extenders?

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bravais
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with the 2133 but it is likely the 2k.

For the irtowav thing it sounds like you may need to copy the files IRToWav.class and IRToWav.bat to your desktop
bravais

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks whompus,

I copied the file IRToWav.class and IRToWav.Bat to my desktop and now the message has changed to,
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: IRToWav

well atleast that's a start, i tried exporting to wav from within IR.exe and with my IRToWav.class and IRToWav.bat files copied to the desktop and the IRToWav path in IR.exe set to the desktop. I also checked the recommendations of a post in the software category that says to check your classpath, so I went into Mycomputer/Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables and checked the classpath in system variables it was set to some Adobe file, erased it and now its blank.

But the situation remains, i get the above mentioned error if I try to use IRToWav.bat directly on my desktop (drag & drop) and I dont get anything if I try to use the IR export to wav function, all that happens is that while it displays exporting file activity box a file $$wav$$ comes on my desktop, which i suspect is temp file of sorts, and then once the activity box goes away so does the temp file.

I'm stumped Smile

Bravais

Bravais
whompus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version jre are you using? This is what my variable classpath looks like.
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

Edit.. Sorry I re read your post and see you said what version you use. Maybe try setting your classpath instead of blanking it to see if it then works.
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bravais,

what happens if you open a command prompt in the directory where you have copied IRToWav.class and enter
Code:
java -classpath DirectoryPath IRToWav

where DirectoryPath is the path to where the .class file is located ?
If it responds with "Could not open .wav file", it means it found the .class and the problem is really with classpath, otherwise there is a bigger problem.
IR should prompt you for the name/location of the exported .wav file. does it do that ? Does it display an error message like "unable to write to.." after the export, or does it silently end ?
bravais

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain,

When i type the code you supplied

in a cmd window, the error message i get is almost the same as when i drag and drop the file onto the IRToWav.bat file while its placed on my desktop. The message I used to get earlier was

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: IRToWav

I went into classpath and tried pasting a classpath like Whompus but I don't have QTjava.zip in the folder the three files i have are dnsns.zip, sunjce_provider.zip and sunpkcs11.zip. so I set my classpath to

sunjce_provider.zip and then sunpkcs11.zip with the c:\program files\....
ofcourse, and now the error msg with the above classpaths enetered or the classpath field blanked with no entry in the field i get is

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and (note the ending, "IRToWav" in one and just "and" in the other)

Details of what happens when I do different things are in the first 2 posts, i edited the second post for extra details.

Is this issue java related or IRToWave related? Does someone know a place where I can download previous version of IRToWav to test this?

Bravais Question
bravais

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain,

I looked at the setup.bat file as suggested by HAL in this thread

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4352&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Made a file called setup.bat in notepad, saved it as an ANSI file onto my desktop, ran it and then tried the drag & drop method and the original error message as mentioned in post #1 came back again

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException: 4097 at IRToWav.main(IRToWav.java:169)

I think that is exactly what your file IRtoWavsetup is doing. so now we are exactly where we started off!! Well maybe not, now we've called in the artillery in Alain's form Very Happy

Bravais
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

we are making some progress. Can you please upload your IR generated file on the diagnosis area so that I can see what is causing the ArrayIndexOutofBounds error ?

Quote:
When i type the code you supplied

in a cmd window, the error message i get is almost the same as when i drag and drop the file onto the IRToWav.bat file while its placed on my desktop

I did not mean you to type DirectoryPath literally, but to replace it with the path where the IRToWav.class file located, like, for instance,
Code:
java -classpath d:\jp1\IRToWav IRToWav
on my system.
bravais

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain,

I did gather that, on whompus's suggestion i put the files on the desktop, and the java classpath directorypath as called for in your post, was the desktop as well.

so you want some screen shots, i'll put some on.

Bravais
bravais

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain,

Here are the screen shots,

Now when I put the IR.exe generated upgrade file in the same folder as IRToWav.bat folder (c:\IRToWav) and then drag & drop it from there, with the classpath set to c:\Documents and Settings\...\Desktop (the desktop) and without running the IRToWavsetup batch file(which as i understand, takes care of the classpath setting by including the current folder whatever it maybe in the search path for .class file when java needs it, correct??) this is the error message i get,

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3047

In this condition with the directorypath of IRToWav set to C:\IRToWav in IR.exe I try and generate the wave file from within IR.exe then nothing happens, yes the filesave dialog box does pop up and asks me for filesave location but no wav file results.

Now when I put the IR.exe upgrade file on the desktop along with the IRToWav.bat file, and drag and drop it from there with the classpath set to the desktop then the following error results (Also any time i run IRToWavsetup.bat file and then drag & drop my IR upgrade file onto IRToWav.bat the same error results as that is the same as setting the classpath to that particular directory)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3048

Hope this gives a clue.

Bravais
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

we have two problems here, and will try to solve them separately.

The first problem, corresponding to your first screenshot, is definitively a Java classpath problem. Your classpath is wrong when launching IRToWav from IR and is right when launching it from the desktop. As I do not know exactly how IR launches IRToWav, I am helpless to solve this. On my system, the environnment variable CLASSPATH is not defined and IR successfully launches IRToWav regardless to where I put it, provided I have correctly set the path in IR. Are you sure you have undefined CLASSPATH, not just set it to a empty string or one made of spaces ?

The second problem, corresponding to your second screenshot, is an error in IRToWav itself. As I already asked above, I would need you to upload the .ir file that triggers this error (not just a screenshot of the error itself) to be able to investigate further.
bravais

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain,

I put the files back in their initial locations, made sure that the classpath variable field was blank. RESTARTED my pc and VOILA it all works!!!
Intriguing!!!!

Here's the IR file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3049

Bravais
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravais,

glad it works.
I checked your .ir file and IRToWav handles it without problem. The program error you experienced is due to an attempt to write outside the bounds of an internal area I use to store the binary image. This area has a dimension of 4k+1, which is quite enough for your 2k upgrade. Did you make your previous attempts with the 4k RDF ? I have also noticed that your .ir file contains a Notes section that my program does not expect. It might interpret some of the notes as part of the image and behave randomly. I will add some checks to avoid that in future versions.
bravais

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain,

The first attempt I made was with a 4K RDF but then selected 2K based on whompus's suggestion. Thanks for lending us debutantes something much more than a helping hand, A HELPING BRAIN. Very Happy

Cheerio

Bravais
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: