JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

urc-6131 Discrete Codes for Panasonic TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
txs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: urc-6131 Discrete Codes for Panasonic TV Reply with quote

I am using the OFA code of 0250 for controling my tv, I know there are a few discrete codes in there, how do I use those codes with my 6131 through JP1??

Thanks
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: urc-6131 Discrete Codes for Panasonic TV Reply with quote

Unless you're using the extender, you can't until the new IR is released. Sad The current IR doesn't properly handle the new-style key moves used in the 6131 (unless you're using the extender, or the current IR beta).

You can enter them directly on the remote if you know the EFC values:
  • Select the appropriate device button
  • Press and hold SET until the LED blinks twice
  • Enter 9-9-4 (the LED will blink twice)
  • Press SET
  • Enter the 3-digit EFC code
  • Press the button you want to send the command (the LED will blink twice indicating success; a single long blink means failure)

Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: urc-6131 Discrete Codes for Panasonic TV Reply with quote

Txs... sorry for hijacking your post above. I hit Edit instead of Quote and never realized it until AFTER hiting Submit. Shocked

Go easy on me, though. My 14 yr old daughter and I watched helplessly as our 12 yr old dog took her last breath this afternoon. It's been a traumatic day. Crying or Very sad

Luckily (hopefully), I quoted the important parts:

txs wrote:
I want to be able to had a shift+discrete code to the (CABLE, DVD, and TV) buttons. Is this impossible right now??

Not impossible...

I actually mis-spoke before. You CAN do the key moves (bound to the shifted device buttons as you desire) in the current IR, but you'll need the EFC value in hex notation (convert the decimal EFC into a hex value, i.e. 123 = 7B hex). The Windows Calculator in Scientific view works well for this. Then, when you enter the key move data in IR, select the Hex Cmd radio button and enter a 2-byte hex string, with the first byte being 00, followed by a space, and then the EFC in hex notation (7B from the above example). The entry will look like 00 7B.

Quote:
Also, any idea on when the new IR will be released.

Likely very soon! Wink
txs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Decided to upgrade to the extender Reply with quote

Mark

Thanks alot for all your help, but after looking at everything I wanted to do I decided to just go with the extender. So are I have been able to just about everything I need. This extender is really nice, I just hope I am doing it correctly

Thanks again

P.S. Sorry to hear about your dog, we just got our dog back from the vet last week. It seems he likes the taste of nerf toys and it got lodge in his stomach.... Needless to say, we had to spend a few dollars to have it removed.. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: