JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keymove and Macro spreadsheets or applicaitons?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Keymove and Macro spreadsheets or applicaitons? Reply with quote

Are there any keymove or Macro calculation applications out there?

I'd like a way to create all my keymoves and macros outside of IR and then just import them as I need them for various remote images.

I'm maintaining three seperate JP1 images for three seperate rooms that all use many common commands. I'm currently entering the macros and keymoves in IR, but since there is no way to export them, I have to enter each one three times. I can't have all three remotes based on the same image because about 30% of the keymoves are specific to source switching for that particular room.

So are there any applications that will allow me to enter keymoves and macros and then same them? Alternatively, If there was a way to cut and paste keymoves from IR, I could just use IR.

BTW: This is for a 15-2104 running an exterder.

Thanks,
-Rob
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking the same...

Before anybody jumps in, screaming "KM! KM!!!" I would like to narrow down the question. It seems to me that KM can only prepare keymoves for the device you're working at right now. I nedeed keymoves from the built-in device. I entered them in IR just for testing. After the test I realized that I have no way of transferring them to my "master" image, except for -copy to clipboard-paste to notepad-type again- method.

Is this what you're asking?

I was thinking about duplicating built-in device in KM, preparing keymoves and then exporting them into .txt for future use in IR. Then I found your post and decided to wait for "professional help". Wink
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to do something similar. As a part of my device upgrade for my cable box, I have LKP on the up and down arrow to be the page up and page down. I wasn't able to do this with KM for the reason you state. However I can do it with RM using the External Functions sheet.

Right now the only keymoves I have came into IR through device upgrades. (I'm not done setting up my remote yet.) I have used both LKP and TOADTOG. This lets me start with an bare state of the remote - in my case the start file that comes with 2116ex2, load my device upgrades and I'm almost there. As you noted, if I could then have the macro definitions imported from some sort of a file, each could be maintained separately. In your case you could have all the common stuff separate from the room specific stuff and import the the right pieces to setup each different remote.

Sounds cool to me.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
I wasn't able to do this with KM for the reason you state. However I can do it with RM using the External Functions sheet.

You CAN do this with KM. It has (admittedly kludgy) support (since v7.58) for external functions. Also, you can enter raw hex values for functions that will create the appropriate key move data. It's somewhat explained in the readme.
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwwoholic wrote:
I nedeed keymoves from the built-in device. I entered them in IR just for testing. After the test I realized that I have no way of transferring them to my "master" image, except for -copy to clipboard-paste to notepad-type again- method.

I'm quoting myself... bad sign! At least I'm not answering my questions... yet.

Is it possible to add "Export" function complementary to existing "Import" into IR? Exporting everything would be really helpful. Even more so if multiple selection is allowed in keymoves list and Export function generates text for highlighted items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: