JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Troubleshoot 8011 and JP1 cable connectivity problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shorton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Troubleshoot 8011 and JP1 cable connectivity problem Reply with quote

Hi guys:

I have a (purchased) Parallel JP1 cable that I've been using to load 6131's with out issue occasionally for a year or so. I have a 8011 that I have loaded a couple times recently, then I let it sit a couple days, then tried to load it again. Now ir.exe won't communicate with it. I've tried the obvious stuff, reboot, check cable, new batteries, JP1 connection orientation is right, still no dice.

One thing I notice is when I disconnect the JP1 cable, the red LED on the remote blinks twice. I don't know if that's helpful or not. Of course I don't have any other JP1 remotes handy to tell if it's the remote or the cable/PC.

The remote also blinks twice when I power it (insert last battery).

Any way to tell what's wrong?

Thanks,
Scott
shorton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, for no apparant reason, it started working. Confused
mkmcgregor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I just experienced this, I'm passing some info along. The parallel cable may fail to communicate (every time in my case) if the remote gets a set of fresh batteries. There is an issue related to parallel voltage vs remote battery voltage that prevents or makes unreliable the communication across the cable. There is a post talking about dealing with this problem in the beginner forum; look at the sticky notes at the top of the forum for more info. Hope that helps in the future.
shorton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: