JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comments on a UEIC upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Comments on a UEIC upgrade Reply with quote

I sent my URC-8800 in for an addition of 0614 and 0616 ReplayTV, 0864 Sony Combo DVD/VCR, and 1490 Samsung SIR-T451 HDTV receiver. Got it back in 2 weeks.

ReplayTV - They installed 0614, 1615, and 1616. All used protocol 00 92, and the Replay (as opposed to) the Pansonic code set. Nothing remarkable that I/we don't already have

0864 Sony Combo - I built a better one while I was waiting

1490 Samsung HDTV - They supplied 0490 (although the order and routing sheet both specified 1490). A total loss. I had built one while I was waiting.

So all I am out is the postage for no real gain...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that they didn't add the Panasonic VCR/0616 code, but otherwise your results are roughly what we would have expected.

When UEI created codes they make compromises, if there isn't a good logical button for the OEM function, they just leave it out, which leaves the end user needing to use learning or advanced codes to fill in the blanks.

This is one of the primary reasons that people turn to JP1 for a DIY approach.

I know you've had a frustrating start to your JP1 journey, but I think you will quickly see all of it's advantages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: