JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8910 extender. How to retain three keys during SET_CHAN_KEY?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: 8910 extender. How to retain three keys during SET_CHAN_KEY? Reply with quote

I am attempting to have my channel switching done only by the VCR while retaining the Sleep, Info, and TV/Video functions on the TV set.

I believe that the mega way to do it is to keymove the VCRs ch+/- as well as numerals onto the TV. Thats at least 12 keymoves, but I could leave out the SET_CHAN command to get one byte back. Smile

Is there an efficient way to preserve the three keys from the CHAN group ?

MJ
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the "sets" (pip, transport, menu, etc) of keys defined in the .rdf? Can keys be moved out of one set and into another? Or is this coded in the .asm? Or is it an unchangable feature of the remote? Just curious! I looked in the .rdf and didn't see anything like this defined there...
JP1Files
MJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: LKP may help Reply with quote

I just read another posting where LKP was used to atain a compromise. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=460&highlight=lkp+device

I however just posted my own LKP inquiry. This means that Im Confused about LKP right now. Ive used the keymove option for now and I'm calling it a night...

MJ
sfhub

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Are the "sets" (pip, transport, menu, etc) of keys defined in the .rdf? Can keys be moved out of one set and into another? Or is this coded in the .asm? Or is it an unchangable feature of the remote? Just curious! I looked in the .rdf and didn't see anything like this defined there...

Which buttons comprise a particular keyset is hardcoded in the remote.
That's what people who know more than me have told me.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: 8910 extender. How to retain three keys during SET_CHAN_ Reply with quote

MJ wrote:
I am attempting to have my channel switching done only by the VCR while retaining the Sleep, Info, and TV/Video functions on the TV set.

Are you using all 8 device modes, or do you have a spare one?

If you have a spare device mode, you assign that device mode the setup code of the VCR and into that device mode keymove the TV's Sleep, Info and TV/Video keys. Then in the TV's select macro you select that "spare" device mode for channel keys (which I guess costs two extra bytes in that macro).

That's three keymoves plus 2 bytes, vs. your 12 keymoves (but only if one of your 8 device modes is otherwise unused).
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfhub wrote:
Which buttons comprise a particular keyset is hardcoded in the remote.

True, but ...

The 6012 has two extra transport keys (beyong the usual 6 that most models have) which I find very convenient. But some moron at UEI put those two keys in some other group, not the transport group. I found that so annoying that I added extra code to the extender to override the group assignment of those two keys.

I think it costs about 5 bytes of extender code per key to override the assignment, and it might be tricky to add depending on the present sizes of the extender sections, but it can be done if the group assignment of a few keys annoys you enough to be worth fixing.
MJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 8910 extender. How to retain three keys during SET_CHAN_ Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
MJ wrote:

Are you using all 8 device modes, or do you have a spare one?

If you have a spare device mode, you assign that device mode the setup code of the VCR and into that device mode keymove the TV's Sleep, Info and TV/Video keys. Then in the TV's select macro you select that "spare" device mode for channel keys (which I guess costs two extra bytes in that macro).

That's three keymoves plus 2 bytes, vs. your 12 keymoves (but only if one of your 8 device modes is otherwise unused).

Thanks a lot for the tip. Luckily I do have a spare device key.

MJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: