JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Westinghouse L32W1 LCD TV
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Westinghouse L32W1 LCD TV which may fit here.
For the common functions, Sony code 0000 works fine, but there are some specialized functions i.e.: The format button and the YPbR button, which I learned, and the TV, AV, and PC buttons, which for some reason, I couldn't learn. Any info on efc for these functions?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read and comply with the "Number 1 Code Search FAQ (and its answer)" - linked below.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Learned signals do not download/display on the URC8800/9800 remotes.
2. The only other remote I currently have these signals in is a URC9960 Kameleon, which is not (easily) JP1 equipped.
3. I will have to break out one of my archived 8811, learn the signals and then let you know what the results are...

I previously used the term "snide", maybe "control freak" or "superior" (like the ushers in the movies with the ropes) would be more appropriate.

I really don't expect any more help after this, but so be it..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot,
We developed the code search template to avoid alot of un-necessary questions back and forth and to better help the experts here help you. If you feel that it's too much to ask that you use it, then what can I say?

e.axel wrote:
1. Learned signals do not download/display on the URC8800/9800 remotes.

How might we have known that you are using a URC-9800 from your first post? The template asks you to state what remote you are using, so if you'd used it, we would have known.

e.axel wrote:
2. The only other remote I currently have these signals in is a URC9960 Kameleon, which is not (easily) JP1 equipped.

Not quite true, you could either solder in a 6-pin or buy a pogo-pin adapter, neither of which exactly qualifies as difficult.
e.axel wrote:
3. I will have to break out one of my archived 8811, learn the signals and then let you know what the results are...

How does one "archive" a remote exactly? If you have a URC-8811 in your possession, how much "breaking out" would be needed to use it to capture the signals in question?

e.axel wrote:
I previously used the term "snide", maybe "control freak" or "superior" (like the ushers in the movies with the ropes) would be more appropriate. I really don't expect any more help after this, but so be it..

In this case you are probably right. Historically, when newcomers start throwing alot of attitude around, the help generally dies up. That's just the nature of the beast with free online help forums.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: The Westinghouse L32W1 uses Sony 0000 as its base code. The added EFC are as follows:
Format 186
TV 182
YPbPr 059
AV 057
PC 052
SVideo 055

Archived 8811 - in the junk box for a while. Learning memory was full (I didn't know this until I downloaded it), so I had to clear it out before learning.

Using 9800 - Capn Trips and I had been corresponding back and forth in another thread at length. I assumed he knew from yesterday's discuorse what remote I was using.
I have only been into JP1 for 2 days, and I frustrate easily.

The Kameleon-That thing has proved to be such a piece of crap, I just don't want to mess with it or invest any more time or money in it. It does not have adequate output power to control my TV or signal switcher, turns on when you breathe on it, or get anywhere near it, and eats batteries!

My apologies for all my rants...
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:

Using 9800 - Capn Trips and I had been corresponding back and forth in another thread at length. I assumed he knew from yesterday's discuorse what remote I was using.

My apologies for all my rants...
Well, with me at close to 900 posts (and Rob at close to 6400 Surprised ) it's really hard to remember what equipment each poster to whom I have ever responded has - although I suppose I could try harder. And even though that exchange we had was quite recent, I (nor would I expect others) don't really have the time nor inclination to go searching previous posts in other threads to see what the poster may have previously shared/divulged.

Further, if you want OTHERS to try to help (since I'm pretty unhelpful, as you've already discovered)- since there is a fair number of advanced users (like myself) and a smaller number of true experts (like Rob), I would think it simply prudent to provide as complete and detailed information as you can in each new thread - but that's just me. You do what you think serves your needs best, but the forum has ~5600 members, and few have gone away dissatisfied.

It's not a control thing (just like my frustration at your failure to post links to files as repeatedly requested in that other thread) it's simply a matter of practicality. If the person inclined to help you finds it too difficult to get the information he/she needs to TRY to help, he/she is lkely to just pass.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you weere EXTREMELY helpful. I just wasn't very receptive yesterday. I hope we can move on...
BTW: the other thread, using rm to import a raw file from a remote and reusing it worked fine after a few missteps with rm (my first experience) I don't think I like it as well as KM..
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
If the person inclined to help you finds it too difficult to get the information he/she needs to TRY to help, he/she is lkely to just pass.
Well put, Capn!

Here at JP1, you get what you pay for! Not really, because it's one of the most helpful forums I've ever been involved with. However, people need to remember that's it's a grass-roots volunteer hacker effort. We (collectively) help because we want to, and there's nothing wrong with us expecting to be met at least halfway. The line in Rob's signature say's it best:

When people work for THANKS - don't leave them short-changed!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
I hope we can move on...
OK

Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e.axel wrote:
FYI: The Westinghouse L32W1 uses Sony 0000 as its base code. The added EFC are as follows:
Format 186
TV 182
YPbPr 059
AV 057
PC 052
SVideo 055
Well done finding these. Did you simply do a code search? (i.e. tested unused codes) or did you find them elsewhere?

Also, are you just using them as keymoves, or are you creating a device upgrade that will include them?

If the latter, then please upload the completed upgrade into the file>device upgrade>TV section, so that the next guy will be able to find it there, rather than relying on a possible forum thread search to stumble upon these EFCs.

Amazon Firestick
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now , because of the nature/layout of the URC9800, I just have them on my learning keys, which are pretty useless for anything else.
I learned them from the original remote to an 8811 I had, and got them that way.
I may do something on the 8811 for an upgrade later, but it's low on the priority list.
whompus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those learned functions sony12 or some other protocol?
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't look, but I would guess they are whatever the 0000 code is.
Sorry I didn't copy al;l the data. I will relearn and get it all if you need it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than take the time to copy down all the EFCs, etc (and maybe miss some data, or make a typo) why not just load the IR file that you downloaded from the 8811 to the Diagnosis Area, then we can get all the info that we need from it.
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still too new to this. I didn't save it yesterday.....So I will have to do it over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: