JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tevion DVD/VCR combo codes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the select button goes, I programmed in using the learn function, just like I did everything else.

The copy and paste has me confused. What exactly am I copying and pasting? In the buttons tab of KM, it only copies what ever cell the cursor is on at that moment (example, if I just entered in the EFC for the power button, that cell is currently highlighted. That is was it copies). Do I have to do that for each individual button?

I'm sorry if I'm being really stupid here...
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul1965 wrote:
The copy and paste has me confused. What exactly am I copying and pasting?

You want the Device Upgrade Code on the Setup sheet. There's a Copy button in the upper-left of the code block that copies the proper data to the clipboard, and even offers to take you over to IR so you can paste it in.
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it! I knew that was there from hovering over last night and completely forgot about it......

I just pasted it so will see what happens on upload......
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it looks like it worked. However, it's still showing the learned memory is full. What's the best way to clear it?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can delete the learned signals in IR using the Delete button on the Learned Signals tab. Then upload to the remote.
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, back to the drawing board. Deleted all the learned functions for the DVD, and nothing worked, except for the fact that the VCR buttons controlled the DVD player.........
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul1965 wrote:
the VCR buttons controlled the DVD player.........

The buttons you learned for VCR share the same codes as the corresponding DVD buttons. Is there a mode toggle to select VCR/DVD?

Try these upgrades. Do a File, New in IR to start with a clean slate (be sure to select the 8910 as the remote). Then paste the 2 upgrades into the Devices tab. Set the Device Buttons on the General tab. Upload to the remote and test.

VCR button = VCR/0000 (for the VCR):

Upgrade Code 0 = 10 00 (VCR/0000)
5A 00 1E D0 00 0D 01 71 71 AD F9 E9 39 B9 79 35
D9 59
KeyMoves
2D F3 10 00 EE
End

DVD button = DVD/0000 (for the DVD):

Upgrade Code 0 = 20 00 (DVD/0000)
5A 00 1E DE B0 0D 01 71 71 AD F9 E9 39 B9 79 55
95 15 E5 65 A5 69 D9 59
KeyMoves
2D F3 20 00 2D 2E F3 20 00 31 2F F3 20 00 F5
End

In both cases, I assigned the functions to the same buttons you learned them to (hence the Key Moves for the M# buttons).
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just relearned most of the basic comands for the DVD, and the GAP protocol still shows up. I watched the remote each time, and there where no errors in learning. So, using the EFC calculator, I figured out what the EFC should be based on the OBC. Reloaded everything into the remote, deleted the learned commands, and still nothing.... Crying or Very sad

What I see looking at the summary, is 3 different protocols: most are NEC2, but the power button, select, up, right and play buttons show GAP and NEC2, and the rew button shows JVC(2).

Any ideas?
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I typed my last response before checking for a reply. In answer to your question, yes, the remote has a VCR/DVD button, and a TV/VCR button. I'll see if I can figure out how to use your programming....

Thanks...... Smile
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul1965 wrote:
What I see looking at the summary, is 3 different protocols: most are NEC2, but the power button, select, up, right and play buttons show GAP and NEC2, and the rew button shows JVC(2).

I'm pretty sure you can ignore the GAP and JVC decodes (unless I'm missing something that one of the decoding experts might know). I suspect that NEC2 is all you need. Try the upgrades I posted above. There's a slim chance you may need to use the NEC1 protocol instead, but let's wait until you try the upgrades.
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your upgrade works just fine! I haven't tried all the options, but I am amazed......

Very Happy
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, since I ran out of memory 3/4 of the way thru learning the VCR, what should I do next? Since I've wiped out the learned memory, should I pick up where I left off with the learning function? Or should I try to add on to what you have so graciously provided me?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul1965 wrote:
Your upgrade works just fine!

Just to be sure... you did delete all the learned functions before trying the upgrade, correct (your next post seems to indicate that)?

Quote:
Now, since I ran out of memory 3/4 of the way thru learning the VCR, what should I do next? Since I've wiped out the learned memory, should I pick up where I left off with the learning function? Or should I try to add on to what you have so graciously provided me?

I uploaded my KM starter files used to create the above upgrades. Download the Tevion_3215_DVD-VCR.zip file from the DVD folder so you can learn and add the rest of the functions.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gap decodes should always be ignored when they occur together with plausible decodes. When they occur alone, they MIGHT contain data that would help Jon or I figure out the structure of some new protocol that the decoder doesn't understand yet.

Occasional other spurious decodes such as the JVC(2) you reported also occur. If they don't seem to fit your device, it's best to ignore them. They don't necessarily mean that a signal was learned badly. Some IR protocols are hard for my decoder to distinguish from arbitrary data that might be seen in the middle of other IR signals.

I didn't look at your file, so I don't really follow this thread very well, but IIUC the DVD and VCR transport keys are the exact same IR signals (which is typical for VCR/DVD combos) so the VCR/DVD key on the original remote must send some signal to tell the device it is switching modes. I hope you have learned and decoded that signal and thought about where to include it in the upgrade.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
IIUC the DVD and VCR transport keys are the exact same IR signals (which is typical for VCR/DVD combos) so the VCR/DVD key on the original remote must send some signal to tell the device it is switching modes. I hope you have learned and decoded that signal and thought about where to include it in the upgrade.

They are identical. If he learned the VCR/DVD toggle, he didn't specify what button it was learned to, so I just created 2 individual upgrades for him to test.

I'm assuming Paul will want 2 device buttons (VCR and DVD) to control this since the 8910 has both. He'll most likely then need to setup device macros to enable the proper mode when the corresponding device button is pressed. Of course, if it's a toggle command as opposed to discretes, that could get tricky trying to keep things in sync.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: