JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tevion DVD/VCR combo codes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Tevion DVD/VCR combo codes? Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Tevion DVD/VCR combo, model number 3215. Half way through programming my URC-8910 remote to run the DVD and VCR, I ran out of memory. Does anyone have codes that can be entered to control it? I tried the two codes listed for Tevion, but neither worked. Thanks.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two tevion upgrades in this folder Do you have a JP1 cable?
JP1Files
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried both of them and neither worked.

I received my JP1 cable today, and that was the first thing I tried.....
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul1965 wrote:
I tried both of them and neither worked.
What does IR.exe report when you learn keys off the original remote? Let's create a new device upgrade. Smile
JP1Files
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, being the n00b that I am, I can't tell you. When I uploaded the set of codes from the forum, I erased everything in the remote that was learned for the DVD/VCR. So, tomorrow, I'm going to re-program it, then I'll run it thru IR and save what ever it shows. What should I program first, the VCR or the DVD (remember, VCR was done first, then ran out of memory half way thru the DVD), and where/how should I post it? Thanks for the help so soon...
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn every key and write down the protocol and device (and subdevice if one exists) and EFC (or OBC) for these keys and then you can create the device upgrade yourself (it is pretty easy). Let us know what the protocol and device are, and a few EFCs, maybe something similar is out there. Upload your work to diagnostics folder if you hit any snags so someone can look at it and help. Do it tonight if you can't sleep. Smile
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify:

If you have reason to post learned signals in a thread here, you should post the protocol name, the device number and the subdevice number (if any) for each group of functions that share those three things. You may also want to post command names and corresponding OBC numbers.

You shouldn't post (here) full dumps of the eeprom, nor screen shots of IR's learned signals tab, nor timing numbers (from the "sent once" or "sent repeatedly" sections).

If you have reason to post learned signals to the diagnosis folder
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/
you should post a full eeprom image (a txt file saved by IR's file/save menu item) and you should post the name of that file back to the thread here, usually with a summary of the question you have about it.

If you have questions about decoding problems (you don't get a plausible protocol and device etc.) or questions about those timing numbers, it's best to post the full eeprom image to diagnosis, rather than show us just the part of IR's GUI output that you have the question about.
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've saved the screen shot from IR as a .txt file (from the general tab). Under learned codes, some key functions are showing 2 protocols: NEC2 and GAP. What should my next step be? Do I take the values shown in IR and dump them into KM?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As John said, in IR do a File, Save, to save the current configuration and upload that saved file to the Diagnosis area.
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I uploaded the EEPROM to the diagnostics folder. It's called 8910-Tevion.txt
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that you want to use the NEC2 protocol, Device=113, and the corresponding EFC's from your learns to build an upgrade. I think the Gap decodes are caused by bad learning (make sure both remotes have fresh batteries, and hold the OEM button until the 8910 stops the repid blinking of the LED when learning).
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I'm trying to follow step by step the JP1 For Dummies instructions. It makes referrence to Devices4.xls spreadsheet. Where do I find this? Do I convert the .txt file I saved to it for use with KM?
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devices4.xls is in the yahoo files. All it is is a "chart" of efc's for the native setup codes in a 1994 remote. There isn't a nec2, device 113 setup code native to the 1994, so it won't do you any good for this. just use the learned OBC or EFC values from your learns when making your award-winning upgrade. Jot down the efc's and the functions they performed when you did the learns. Open KM, select your remote in the dropdown on the setup sheet, select Nec2 from the protocol dropdown, type in 113 for the device code, give the file a name, enter the functions and their corresponding efc's or OBC's on the functions tab, use the dropdowns on the buttons sheet to assign the functions to real buttons (greyed not allowed, @preceeding means it'll be a keymove), the copy and paste the device upgrade box to IR>devices>add, (make sure you downloaded from remote first), then Upload to remote, save IR file (with a name), then disconnect and try it out.

Jim
Paul1965

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm getting there. I've printed the summary page from IR. Funny though, I programmed the select button on the remote as select, but it's not showing up on the summary. Second, when I do the copy and paste, do I have to copy/paste each individual cell in Add Devices?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul1965 wrote:
I've printed the summary page from IR. Funny though, I programmed the select button on the remote as select, but it's not showing up on the summary.

How did you program it? As a Key Move? If so, it would be listed in the Key Move section of the sunnary.

Quote:
when I do the copy and paste, do I have to copy/paste each individual cell in Add Devices?

I assume you mean the copy from KM and paste into IR? Go to the Devices tab in IR, click the Add button, right click in the upper pane, select Paste, click OK. Make sure you go to the General tab and assign the Devce Type and Setup Code (from the upgrade) to the desired Device Button. If you're using the same Device Button you learned the signals to, you'll want to delete the learned signals to make sure the remote doesn't use them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: