JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15 1918 jp1 upgrade with modem (no jp1 cable) ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: 15 1918 jp1 upgrade with modem (no jp1 cable) ??? Reply with quote

I have downloaded IR.exe, RDF Files and IRtoWav to upgrade my remote for advanced commands for my Pioneer VSX-D508. Here is a link to my post at remotecentral.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?4708

I beliieve I have found the remaining codes in hex format for pioneer at:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/pioneer/vsx-dsp/?1

How do I set up IR.exe to recognise my remote without the jp1 cable?

Please note that I'm not very computer literate and may have to have some things explaned that the rest of you find elementary.

Thanks, Brian
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,
Thanks for coming over. What you need is the Pioneer Master file split into three seperate upgrades (as the 15-1918 doesn't have the right combo protocol), where one of the upgrades uses the "Pioneer 2CMD" protocol, which is in the 15-1918.

I don't have time to put together the files that you need right now, but hopefully I'll have time to do it tomorrow.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have split the Pioneer Master List file into 4 seperate upgrades, one for each device code. You should download this new zip file and look at each upgrade using the KM spreadsheet.

The 164 upgrade replicates audio/014 that is already installed in your 15-1918.

The 163 upgrade replicates audio/015 that isn't in your 15-1918.

The 165 upgrade replicates audio/013 that is already installed in your 15-1918.

But the important one is the 165a upgrade, as these are the functions that you cannot re-create using any of the built-in setup codes. I haven't assigned any of the functions to buttons in this upgrade as there are so many of them. You should pick the functions that you want to test and assign them to buttons, then load them into your remote and try them out.

When you have your upgrade(s) ready, you need to move over to IR.exe

In IR.exe you should select File > New > Select and then select the 15-1925 / 15-1918 remote. Then you should cut & paste your upgrades from KM over to the upgrade panel in IR.

When you're done, you should save the file then select File > Export to Wav > Upgrades. That will let you save the upgrades as a WAV file, which you can play on your PC speakers to load into your remote.

To put the 15-1918 into "receive" mode, you press and hold SETUP, 2 flashes, then press POWER.

Here is the file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2542
bse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think I have everything in IR that I need to upgrade my remote.

Now I can't seem to get it to the Wav. program to enter it into the remote. Is there a easy way to do this?

Another question, can I still map the key functions on my remote through the remote if I miss something in KM once the protocol upgrade is loaded? I realize it's easyier to do it in KM, just wondering.

Rob, thanks so much for your help so far. It hasn't been easy for me but I have learned alot.

Brian
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the remote, press and hold the SETUP button, wait for 2 flashes, then press the POWER button. At this point. the red LED should light up and stay lit, this means the remote is ready to listen to the WAV file, so play it.

When you create the WAV file from IR, if you just select "upgrades", the WAV won't overwrite any of your keymoves, etc. If you have programmed keymoves in IR, then obviously you will want the WAV to overwrite your keymoves, but that doesn't mean you can't program more keymoves later, as long as you have memory to spare.
patters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Pioneer receiver (VSX-C402) and I'm finding it very tricky too. I've tried a lot of device possibilities, but the only one that comes close is 0013 which I got from OneForAll's helpline last year before I discovered JP1. I'll follow the advice here tonight.

I've noticed that the remote doesn't seem capable of learning the codes off my real pioneer remote - it blinks twice (claiming to be successful) but then doesn't actually work. Is this what happens when they use a custom protocol that's not loaded onto the JP1 remote?

Last edited by patters on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patters wrote:
I've noticed that the remote doesn't seem capable of learning the codes off my real pioneer remote - it blinks twice (claiming to be successful) but then doesn't actually work. Is this what happens when they use a custom protocol that's not loaded onto the JP1 remote?

No. Learning is totally independent of the set of protocols that the remote can use for upgrades and built-in setup codes.

A learned signal is just a compressed recording of the actual IR signal. The remote doesn't make any attempt to connect it to a protocol.

You can get the sort of bad learns you describe for many reasons, such as:

Operator error: Error in the aiming or timing or distance etc. in the process of learning.

Bad original remote batteries: Weak batteries in the Pioneer remote can still correctly operate the Pioneer device long after they are too weak to generate a signal that can be correctly learned by another remote.

Original remote macro: Some functions in an original remote are really macros (sequences of functions). These don't learn correctly. The learning remote usually stops after the first function. Many Pioneer signals are compound signals, something in between an ordinary signal and a macro. Most learning remotes can correctly learn the compound signals, rather than stopping short. But you Pioneer remote might be a little slower or your learning remote a little pickier, so the learning might stop short. Many of the signals (especially basic functions) are NOT compound (and certainly not macros). If those also fail to learn correctly, then there is some problem other than cutting the signal short.

Last edited by johnsfine on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patters wrote:
I have a Pioneer receiver (VSX-C402) and I'm finding it very tricky too. I've tried a lot of device possibilities, but the only one that comes close is 0013. I'll follow the advice here tonight.

The advice in this thread was made specifically for the original poster to use with his 15-1918 remote. That remote is a non-learner and it uses an older processor that doesn't support all of the JP1 tools and features.

You haven't mentioned what remote you have, which would normally lead us to conclude that you also have a 15-1918, but the fact that you suggest that your remote has learning seems to indicate otherwise. Why don't you remove the guesswork and tell us what remote you are trying to program.
patters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a URC-8060 Kameleon 6. I've followed the guidelines on the forums as far as searching the forums for the amp, trying various Pioneer codes, then I was moving on to trying to learn the codes then read them off the remote using IR.exe. The remote doesn't seem to be able to learn them though.

Thanks for the info johnsfine - that's exactly what I was wondering.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the 8060 is not pickier about compound signal timing than other OFA remotes (enough people have learned compound signals with 8060's that we would have heard about that if it were so).

Have you tried reading the signals off the remote with IR.exe? Even if the signals don't work, there is a decent chance IR.exe (DecodeIr.dll) can decode them. DecodeIr.dll is especially good at sorting out the typical mess you get from bad original remote batteries and giving you a correct decode of learns that aren't good enough to work. Failing that, you might post to the diagnosis area a .ir files with the non working learned signals. Experts here often can figure out what went wrong in learning and/or what the true signals were, by looking at bad learns.
patters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right. I thought that if the learned signal wasn't working that it would be pointless importing it. I'll give it a go.
bigwiglll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Need a walkthrough for RS 15-1918 remote to Lite-On LVC-9006 Reply with quote

I've been trying for days to get Remote Master to work, but all I get when I try to open it is an error that reads "No map files were found".

Can someone please help me, Thanks.
bigwiglll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing I forgot to mention. I am attempting to do a modem upgrade.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigwiglll wrote:
I've been trying for days to get Remote Master to work, but all I get when I try to open it is an error that reads "No map files were found".

Can someone please help me, Thanks.

In order for Remote Master (RM) to be fully functional, you will also need the following downloads and define their respective folder locations in Options > Folders.
bigwiglll wrote:
One more thing I forgot to mention. I am attempting to do a modem upgrade.

Since RM doesn't have the capacity to create wav files, I believe you'll need to use the following files/programs instead:

bigwiglll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I've got everything working up to the part where you play the wav file into the remote, but for some reason the remote won't upgrade. The light stays lit steady for about 30 seconds then goes out before wav stops playing. Remote pickup may be bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: