JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sky Digital / Slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonuk1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Sky Digital / Slingbox Reply with quote

Hi

I live in London (UK) and I have just purchased an NTSC Slingbox (PL version). I have used an NTSC to PAL converter and everything is working fine. I can access my Slingbox and watch Sky TV remotely. However I cannot change channel as Sling does not yet support my Sky digibox remote (Pace DS430N). I have downloaded RemoteMaster, the recommended Sling rdf file as well as the C1376_JU.bin file. I then played around with RM and managed to list Sky Digital in the Sling setup wizard but it does not recongnise the code. Bascially I am totally out of my depth and have no idea what I am doing! Is there anyone who can explain in really simple terms how I can get my Sky remote to work with my Slingbox ?

Thanks!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to make the Sky remote operate the Slingbox? or the Slingbox to operate the Sky Box?

If the former, I have no idea, maybe somebody else does, if the latter, as the Skybox is European, and the Slingbox is North American, it is really no surprise that the Sky code is not resident in the Slingbox's library.

You have to take any one of the several Sky upgrades from the file section and modify it appropriately and upload it to the Slinkgbox (about which again, I know nothing)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Capn,
I've just created a new thread describing what a Slingbox is, which should help you help the Slingbox users (should you choose to do so)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5588
simonuk1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Slingbox / Sky Reply with quote

Hi

As mentioned previously, I live in London (UK) and I have just purchased an NTSC Slingbox (PL version). I have used an NTSC to PAL converter and everything is working fine. I can access my Slingbox and watch Sky TV remotely. However I cannot change channel as Sling does not yet support my Sky digibox remote (Pace DS430N).

Thank you for your response Robman. I did read your thread but still do not understand enough about this stuff to follow your instructions. Surely someone who also uses Sky (with a technical understanding) has already created a file that I can simply obtain and copy into the appropriate directory on my PC?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread I post to earlier in this thread was designed to get the JP1 regulars up to speed on what a Slingbox is, the correct article for users such as yourself to read is this:

http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/10580/

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
simonuk1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: a big thank you Reply with quote

Hi Capn

Just wanted to say a big thank you for you help! My Slingbox now works perfectly with Sky.

Simonuk1 Razz
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad the upgraded files I created for you work, but I recommend you figure out what you were doing wrong, and learn how to NOT do that wrong. The goal of this forum is to help people help themselves.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
HJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Slingbox and AV switch Reply with quote

simonuk1

Simon,
I don't know if your stillout there, but I am having the exact same issue that you did two years ago. I have a device that I would like to use my slingbox to control (AVswitching box) and have some codes, but am cluless as to what to do . Can you help me?

Thanks,

HJ
simonuk1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Sling box Reply with quote

Hi HJ

Firstly, Capn Trips is the expert who helped me get my Slingbox working. I enclose some of my correspondence for your ref. I hope it helps.

S

To: simonuk1
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:00 am
Subject: Re: Singbox / Sky Quote message
simonuk1 wrote:

(1a) ...and, do you know how to add upgrades to your Slingbox?
>Not really.
Do you know how to select an appropriate device/brand/whatever in your Slingbox? You do the same thing AFTER modifying your SBAV file (as outlined below), and ensuring the appropriate BIN file is saved in your Slingbox directory. I provided you with BOTH the modified SBAV.cfg file and required BIN file yesterday.
simonuk1 wrote:

(2) Have you downloaded RM (RemoteMaster)? Does it work?
>I have never used this app before. Yes I downloaded it and had a go.
and... does it open? do you see the screens described in the readme? .......
simonuk1 wrote:

(3) Have you located a Sky upgrade in the file section here? There are several - I know, I made a few of them myself.
>Yes.
(4) Have you modified this upgrade using RM for your version of Slingbox?
>I tried but could not get it to work.
What does "could not get it to work" mean?
Did you use a Sky or a Sky+ upgrade? Sky+ is DIFFERENT from Sky.
Did you change the remote to Slingbox (PL)?
Did you assign the buttons as you wished?
simonuk1 wrote:

(5) Have you then used RM's "Export Binary Upgrade" option to create the appropriate Slingbox file and save it to your SABV folder?
>Again I tried doing this but it did not seem to work.
Again what does "it did not seem to work" mean?
Did a BIN file get created?
Did you save it in the SBAV folder?
simonuk1 wrote:

(6) Have you then modified your Slingbox SABV.cfg file to include this upgrade?
>I think so in that Sky was listed as an option in the Sling setup wizard but when I selected it nothing happened.
After checking all of the above steps, and/or using the files I provided you yesterday:
(a) does it work?
(b) do you see what you may have done wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: