JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 1K pause vs IR question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: 6131 1K pause vs IR question Reply with quote

1. In extender for 6131 1K version, how does upgrade code 0C50 for non-built in pause protocol translate to TV/1104? - isn't 0 a CBL device?
I wonder if it shouldn't be 1450 or perhaps 1C50 though I wouldn't know why 1C50, but KM returns 1C50 for TV/1104 so it must be right.

When I paste this )C50 upgrade into IR devices, the screen says "Invalid data. The value $ADD is not within the range of $00-$FF".

2. Does IR have Special Functions tab for this remote? Special functions seem to be in the RDF.

Up-front apologies - I haven't yet searched the forum, will do so later. I'm just trying to do a quickie orientation.
whompus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not answer question 1

For question 2 yes it has special functions tab.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 6131 1K pause vs IR question Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
1. In extender for 6131 1K version, how does upgrade code 0C50 for non-built in pause protocol translate to TV/1104? - isn't 0 a CBL device?
I wonder if it shouldn't be 1450 or perhaps 1C50 though I wouldn't know why 1C50, but KM returns 1C50 for TV/1104 so it must be right.
You might be right, it should probably be 1C50. I most likely forgot to change the device types on the upgrade files when I copied them from the Atlas PVR versions. In the Atlas, TV is device 0, whereas the in the 6131 TV is device 1.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
For question 2 yes it has special functions tab.

Are you using PVR0PVx1 (URC-6131 PVR Remote Extender1).rdf ?
Thanks whompus. Is that file for both 1K and 2K extender?

Mike, thanks. Now why C and not 4 in the middle? does it have to do with it going to those dev7 and dev8 devices so a bit gets set or what? or is my math bad? Rolling Eyes
whompus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one for the 1k version is PVR01Kx1 (URC-6131 1K Extender1).rdf

I don't have a 1k version of the remote but do have the extender files because a friend got one back from ofa guys and was 1k version. I have an ir of his config we saved when we setup the remote.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. After asking, as usually happens Wink , I snooped through the rdf text and came to the conclusion it's the 1Kx1 that should work.
Can you hang on to all that 1K stuff? I may need it if I can't get going on this rdf.
whompus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading your posts I went back an checked the ir file. It don't seem to be extended. I now think I remember we didn't get the extender to work right. Was a good while back and I think I remember others where having the same problems. As he didn't need extender except for faster macros we just gave up.

You may have found what the problem was to start with. Keep us informed on your progress. Maybe that part being forgot was it.

The 1k stuff is probably the same you got. Its from the extender file area.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Now why C and not 4 in the middle? does it have to do with it going to those dev7 and dev8 devices so a bit gets set or what? or is my math bad? Rolling Eyes
Your math has been very, very bad! Surprised But seriously, the extra bit indicates that the protocol ID is > $FF.
whompus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking into this more and finding I do have a copy of his config 1 extended and 1 not extended. And talking to him on the phone. What we had to do because of some changes in the keymoves was start with the 6131_1KExtender1.txt file that is part of the extender package then add the upgrades.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
I've updated the URC-6131 1K Extender files to correct the device-type errors in the special protocol files.
ElizabethD wrote:
2. Does IR have Special Functions tab for this remote? Special functions seem to be in the RDF.
Also, I updated the RDF file packaged with the extender to the latest version.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1692

Nils: It was missing the device multiplexer entry, so I have added it in this copy of the RDF.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

The ik extender RDF in the current distribution is correct. Check it out and let me know if I am wrong

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1948
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils, you are correct. Sorry 'bout that! Embarassed
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike & Nils Very Happy .

Can you confirm that in 1K extender I have to assign setup code to the device on the General tab (and of course bring in the special protocols whatever fits), but I do not have to assign setup code in the 2K extender?

It's sort of my impression that 2K is ready to use, but it might be a remnant of me fooling around that stayed in the registry or someplace. It's clear that the protocols are totally contained in the 2K extender, but in the 8910 (similar) I still had to assign the stuff, so that's why I'm asking.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Nils, you are correct. Sorry 'bout that! Embarassed

I have been wanting to go and delete all the RDF's from the extender files but I just never get around to it. My thought was that the most current would always be in the current RDF distribution and eliminate the use of old ones in the extender zip files.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Can you confirm that in 1K extender I have to assign setup code to the device on the General tab (and of course bring in the special protocols whatever fits), but I do not have to assign setup code in the 2K extender?
The two extenders are functionally identical. If you were to copy & paste all of the special protocols into the 1K extender, then both would behave in an identical manner. You do not have to assign any of the setup codes for the special protocols on the General tab, if that's what you mean. Once you've added the device & protocol upgrades for the special protocols, then you can start progamming them on the Spcl Prot Fns tab.

There is one exception to this for both the 1K & 2K 6131 exteneders (and also the Atlas DVR extender). In these extenders, The DSM functionality is built into the extenders, and does not use a device and/or protocol upgrade. IR will not activate the DSM functions if it does not see the device upgrade. I've added the following note to the 6131 1K extender files that I just updated to explain a workaround:
Code:
NOTE:
=============================================================================
   Version 6 of the IR program introduced a new Special Protocol Functions tab
where you can enter and edit the data for special protocols in a user-friendly
manner. Unfortunately, IR does not recognize the built-in DSM in this extender.
You can always enter the DSM keymoves using other means, but if you would
prefer to work in IR, you can use this workaround.

Copy & paste the device upgrade below into IR, then enter your DSM data on the
Spcl Prot Fns tab. When you are done, delete the device upgrade.

Upgrade Code 0 = 1C 4F (TV/1103)
 FC
End

(You will temporarily need 7 bytes of upgrade space for this.)

Last edited by mr_d_p_gumby on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: