JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

setting up macros to put tivo in standby mode
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whompus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the interface is coming from diy its coming from Canada. This time of the year Royal post Canada is kinda slow. Just don't pull out to much hair in the wait.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks I won't but as soon as I do I have to imediately upload the contents to the program as I was able to learn codes foron an unknown video switcher remote prior it going bad and quit altogether as there was no make or model no on the switcher to begin with and then save it for if I ever need them again even remotes with long life internal bateries fail at the wordt possible time but saving it to a disk file insures it will never be lost
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ordered your cable from Hovis, he is known to be EXTREMELY slow at shipping, so you could be waiting a while.

As for your post to Edmund, re-read your reply and see if you can see how somebody would take it as you getting snotty.

chelli1501 wrote:
that step is fine if your attempting the Tivo urc code into the 8910 that isnt the question I asked I want to set fewer commands in the macro seq to set the remote to put the Tivo into standby mode.red the first post carefully again please

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional capitalization punctuation could help might clarify confusion misunderstanding meaning if you know what Surprised

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I have encountered using code 152 to put Tivo in standby, is that if it is already in standby, this code will take it out of standby. It acts like a toggle. Not ideal for an all-off macro.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
The only problem I have encountered using code 152 to put Tivo in standby, is that if it is already in standby, this code will take it out of standby. It acts like a toggle. Not ideal for an all-off macro.

Do any of the regular Tivo functions act as a "power on" code if the unit is already in standby?
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, several keys will turn it on, including menu. Another general problem with Tivo macros is that Tivo seems to sometimes have brief periods of blindness to IR signals, depending on what it is doing. This makes macros unreliable. Specifically, menu followed by standby is unreliable.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent quite some time on some forums specific to the tivo. It has been said the standby mode on tivo only shuts off the video output thus no power saving advantage to using it.

After learning this I haven't put mine in standby for more than a year. Hasn't caused me any problems. It is up to if you want to use standby but if you are worried about the number of sequences might as well save another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: