JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Proton protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmitri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Proton protocol Reply with quote

I am trying to create a device upgrade code for Daweoo DVG-5200S DVD player for URC 8810. I learned all the buttons I need and created the upgrade but the player does nto respond to the commands. It uses Proton protocol (code 21). This is a sample of one command as it appears in RM (v0.58. I am concerned that all learned signals show blank for "Sent once when the key is pressed" field. Is this normal. Is there something I should know about this protocol?

Proton - 21, OBC 145, Hex 76, EFC 121.

Freq 37914

Once key is pressed: blank

While key is held:
+8018 -4024 +526 -1484 +526 -494 +526 -1484 +526 -494 +526 -1484 +526 -494 +526 -494 +526 -494 +500 -4022 +526 -1484 +526 -494 +526 -494 +526 -494 +526 -1484 +526 -494 +526 -494 +526 -1484 +526 –21532

Upon completion: blank

I appreciate any input.

Dmitri
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is normal that it shows blank in the "sent once" section. That looks like a perfectly good Proton signal.

It's hard to guess what might be wrong. The easiest way to find it is if I look at your rmdu file and a saved txt file of your eeprom image (exactly what you tested). It's always a good idea to save from IR to a file the exact image that you uploaded to the remote for testing.

You can email those to me, or you can post them in the Yahoo group's diagnosis folder and post the file name(s) back here (which might get you a faster answer from some other expert).

If you didn't do anything wrong in creating or installing the upgrade, then there must be an error in the Proton entry in protocols.ini. Either way, any of the experts here can figure it out looking at those two files.

BTW did you remember to test using a device mode that doesn't have learned signals programmed?
dmitri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply, John. I posted the two files. Both start with "dmitri," so you cannot miss them. After reading your reply, it occured to me to try and use the learned commands on the player, and it did work. So, I must be doing something wrong during an upgrade. However, I have done two upgrades before for other devices and never had a problem, but they used NEC protocols.

Sorry, I did not understand the last line in you reply.

Dmitri
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decodes were for Proton protocol DEVICE 21. Your upgrade sets the Setup code to 0021 but leaves the Device code blank. That is the error. Change the "Device Code" field in the Setup tab of RM to 21.

The last line before refered to the learned signals that are still in your eeprom image. Now I know that they are the L1, L2 and L4 keys in TV mode and you are testing your upgrade in DVD mode. There are no learned signals in that eeprom image in DVD mode, which is good. You can confuse things too easily if you test a new upgrade in a device mode that also has learned signals.
dmitri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. This was my problem. Works like a charm now.

Dmitri
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: