JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need global LKP power for each device (URC-8910 extended)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamvc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: need global LKP power for each device (URC-8910 extended) Reply with quote

Hi there,

I did quite some reading and trying out on the extender but I am left with a problem where I am stuck! Embarassed

What I want is that the power button will only work after holding it down to prevent accidental powering off that device.
(Why, the arrow up key is just below the power key on the URC-8910 and I seem to be to stupid not to punch the power when searching the up arrow... Rolling Eyes )
OK so I thought that the following approach should work.
- Macro onto the power key calling db-12,pantom2
- keymove db12/phantom2 that uses db12/1106 $50 $78 $03
which I expected to [short] do nothnig and [long] 78/dev_cancel 03/power.
I expected that the dev_cancel would lead to the return to the last active device and that this one will receive a 03/power button.

But I cannot get it to work, where is my error???? Surprised
Yes, I could do it one by one for each device but that will consume a lot of memory so I seek for a clever solution.

Thanks
teamvc

P.S. where can I find out what the toadtog toggle# means [0-7] I used 5 and it worked but there must be a meaning for ther rest Question
DavidBS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have an infinite loop in your keymove. Instead of calling dev_cancel power, call dev_cancel SHIFT-power. Then the device's power will be called instead of the power macro. This is called "cloaking with shift" in the extender documentation, if my memory serves well.

The toadtog toggle # simply allows you to have several toadtogs (up to 8 ). You will for example use toadtog #0 to keep track of status of your TV, then toadtog #1 to keep track of your VCR.

Hope this helps
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: need global LKP power for each device (URC-8910 extended Reply with quote

teamvc wrote:
OK so I thought that the following approach should work.
- Macro onto the power key calling db-12,pantom2
- keymove db12/phantom2 that uses db12/1106 $50 $78 $03
which I expected to [short] do nothnig and [long] 78/dev_cancel 03/power.

You're close once you do the shift-cloaking thing. I think what you need to do is make sure to match the device in the macro to the special protocol keymove device, something like this:
Power macro: DEV_AUD;Phantom3
Special protocol keymove: device=RCVR/AMP, key=Phantom3, type=LKP(3), Functions=[Short]:< Blank > [Long]Dev_Cancel;SHIFT-Power

What's db-12? I see you do match, but I'm not sure what to think if it's not a real device.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Liz describes above ought to work. I wonder, however, what version of IR you are using, since for most rdf's, and I know for a fact for the 8910/9910/HTPro extender rdf, you need not wrestle with the 'keymoves' tab, as all of the special protocol functions appear in the 'special protocols' tab. Then the question about db-12 becomes immaterial.

A basic question I would ask, not having seen your IR file, is have you added the LKP protocol and device upgrades? AND is the ToadTog 'device' the one selected for db-12?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
teamvc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Success!!!! Very Happy

Thanks, you helped me! The combination of both posts solved it!
I no understand the Shift-Cloaking and in addition to that it was not working using a phantom device. I used a real one and it worked.

I guess I am absolutely happy with the behavior of my remote (for now... Razz )

teamvc
teamvc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad OK Crying or Very sad OK Crying or Very sad !

I found a bug where I am stuck again!
I upload my IR file an the corresponding RFD to ask for your help.
LKP delayed power on the TV only is not waiting for the set delay time but only if I press the TV device key and then the power key Question Question Question
If I again press power it is working so I guess that there is something not in the state it should be after pressing ten TV-device key.
Can you help? Rolling Eyes Question

teamvc

Here is the link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2578
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamvc wrote:
Crying or Very sad OK Crying or Very sad OK Crying or Very sad !

I found a bug where I am stuck again!
I upload my IR file an the corresponding RFD to ask for your help.

Searching the forum, I managed to figure out that you had created your own extender 2 and 3, but even knowing this, the file you uploaded uses a further new extender, extender 4, apparently. Stating this information up front would probably have been useful.

It is a little difficult to determine what you are attempting to accomplish, and what you are asking. It is clear you have gotten pretty far with JP1 - writing your own extenders - but you are providing information that is difficult to understand, so it's hard to help. It is also not clear what advice or information from previous posts you have used, and what you have not used. I understand that english is not likely your first language, and I am trying to determine what you are asking.

Well, the first question one should ask is how have you implemented this extender? I am neither an extender writer nor an extender expert, although I do fancy myself an advanced user, of sorts. The way you modified the extender, although it apparently accomplished your immedate goal, makes it hard to use with the other tools (IR and RM).

(1) Your use of the same ID (CPT0CPx1) leads to confusion with extender 1 - with the same ID;
(2) There are OTHER modifications required for this extender to interface with IR the way others do, activating the Special Protocol Functions tab, for example. I don't know what changes need to be made to accomodate this, but doing so, will make it easier to troubleshoot your Special Protocol functions.
(3) This comment is only my personal observation, but your IR file is really not organized in a manner that is easy to analyze. Usually one tries to group Keymoves and macros such that either all of the functions of the same type (Power LKPs, Custom Mode names, etc) are grouped together, or all of the Keymoves for one device (SAT, TV, etc.) are grouped together. In your case, it's very hard to trudge through and identify all of the related functions. Perhaps youare unaware, but you can simply click-and-drag any Keymove or Macro to a new position on the list. I would recommend doing so for ease of analysis.
teamvc wrote:
LKP delayed power on the TV only is not waiting for the set delay time but only if I press the TV device key and then the power key Question Question Question
I'm not sure what this means. Does this mean tha the Power function is sent for a short press? Or that there is no difference between short and long press?
teamvc wrote:
If I again press power it is working so I guess that there is something not in the state it should be after pressing ten TV-device key.
It's not a state thing, as far as I can see. I think you have too many keymoves trying to do too much and conflicting with one another.

When you press the Power button, the hierarchy of commands that the remote looks for is as follows:
FIRST PRIORITY: a Keymove assigned to that button for the current device mode (the mode to which you have assigned the "other" keyset);
SECOND PRIORITY: a Macro assigned to that button;
THIRD PRIORITY: The natural function assigned to that button in the device map (or upgrade)

You also seem to be confusing "shifted" buttons, with "X-shifted" buttons. They are NOT the same. You can have THREE completely different functions assigned - One to the "bare" button (i.e. Power), one to the "shifted" button (i.e. shift-Power), and one to the x-shifted button (i.e. xShift-Power) They are NOT the same nor interchangeable. Shifted and xShifted buttons can ONLY be assigned functions by keymove or macro, not in a device code (neither built-in NOR upgrade)

This is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to "shift-cloaking". "Shift-cloaking" is a phenomenon by which, if you call on a "shifted" button BUT HAVE NOT ASSIGNED A FUNCTION TO THAT BUTTON VIA A KEYMOVE OR MACRO it will execute the underlying NATURAL FUNCTION assigned to that button in the device setup (or upgrade), IGNORING ANY KEYMOVE OR MACRO THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED TO THAT BUTTON. (More below when we look at YOUR file)

Theoretical example (not necessarily matching your remote setup): Your device upgrade has the normal Power toggle function assigned to the Power button, BUT you have written a macro on the Power button that will turn off all of your equipment. Also, you have NOT assigned any function to the shift-Power function. If you push Power, the macro will run, BUT if you push Shift followed by Power (on the 8910, the green p button is normally your shift-button, although the extenders allow you define ANY button as you shift button), the remote will FIRST look for a keymove or macro on this shifted-button. If it finds none, it will then execute the UNDERLYING BARE BUTTON's function, in this case - a power toggle to the active device. Thereby, even though you have assigned a MACRO to the Power button, you can still access the underlying function using "shift"-cloaking! This also works if you USE a shifted function in an LKP or Macro.

Now on to YOUR IR setup. You have the following functions assigned to (or associated with) the various incarnations of the Power button:

(1) DVD/Power - runs an LKP (shift-1 for short, shift-2 for long)
PROBLEM 1: You have no functions assigned to DVD shift-1 and shift-2 (although you have functions assigned to DVD xshift-1 and xshift-2, those are DIFFERENT buttons!)
PROBLEM 2: Since you have this keymove, when the "other" keyset is assigned to DVD mode, it will override your MACRO on the POWER button (the one that calls DEV-SAT, xs-phantom 2), so in DVD mode, you won't get a press of the Power button to execute your "global" Power LKP. It will send a "1" to your DVD player for short and "2" for long (via shift-cloaking!)
;
(2) AUX/Power - runs another LKP (calling shift-1 for short and shift-2 for long)
PROBLEM 1: The DEV-Cancel commands do nothing but consume memory, since that sequence has no DEV commands prior to that point
PROBLEM 2: Just as above for DVD mode, you have no functions assigned to AUX shift-1 and shift-2 (although you have functions assigned to AUX xshift-1 and xshift-2, those are DIFFERENT buttons!)
PROBLEM 3: Just as above for DVD mode, since you have this keymove, when you are in AUX mode ("other" keys assigned to AUX), it will override your MACRO on the POWER button (the one that calls DEV-SAT, xs-phantom 2), so in AUX mode, you won't get a press of the Power button to execute your "global" Power LKP. It will send a "1" to your Amplifier for short and "2" for long (via shift-cloaking!)

(3) The POWER Macro (LKP calling nothing for short press, DEV-SAT, xs-Phantom2 {DEV-Cancel, shift-Power} for long press). THIS WILL ONLY EXECUTE IF THE "OTHER" KEYSET IS NOT ASSIGNED TO AUX or DVD, since those keymoves discussed above will override the macro.In ANY other mode, a short press should do nothing, whilst a long press should send whatever function you have assigend to the "power" button for that device (using shift-cloaking, as you have assigned nothing to the shift-power buttons.)

All of the "Power" functions you have assigned to xs-Power seem to serve no purpose other than to eat up memory.

teamvc wrote:
Can you help? Rolling Eyes Question

teamvc

Here is the link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2578
I don't know if any of my rambling above helps, but I hope it gives you something to consider.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
teamvc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T H A N K Y O U !!!!

for that extensive reply. I worked my way through your post and used that for another thorough run through my config.
You are right on some parts but not on all.
The exception for AUX and DVD is intentional because I only have discrete power on/off for DVD so I wanted pwr_on on short and pwr_off on long kepresses. I use that very same mechanism for AUX.
So it is intentional and work's well.
Quote:
I'm not sure what this means. Does this mean that the Power function is sent for a short press? Or that there is no difference between short and long press?

Its sends pwr_ on both, short and long.

I am totally aware that XS is different to the related shifted function, but I used that to clarify which is a real function that is coming from the original remote and which are synthetic things (including helping stuff) like LCD or LKP stuff. (Otherwise I guess I would get lost in a such complex config... Wink )
I think that this is not destroying nor hurting anything. If not, can you tell me what effects I get doing it that way.

Quote:
(1) DVD/Power - runs an LKP (shift-1 for short, shift-2 for long)
PROBLEM 1: You have no functions assigned to DVD shift-1 and shift-2 (although you have functions assigned to DVD xshift-1 and xshift-2, those are DIFFERENT buttons!)
PROBLEM 2: Since you have this keymove, when the "other" keyset is assigned to DVD mode, it will override your MACRO on the POWER button (the one that calls DEV-SAT, xs-phantom 2), so in DVD mode, you won't get a press of the Power button to execute your "global" Power LKP. It will send a "1" to your DVD player for short and "2" for long (via shift-cloaking!);

Yes! I now use the xs-1 and xs-2 and it works now.
You would be correct if I would have had defined and used the shifted functions for that routine.

Quote:

(2) AUX/Power - runs another LKP (calling shift-1 for short and shift-2 for long)
PROBLEM 1: The DEV-Cancel commands do nothing but consume memory, since that sequence has no DEV commands prior to that point
PROBLEM 2: Just as above for DVD mode, you have no functions assigned to AUX shift-1 and shift-2 (although you have functions assigned to AUX xshift-1 and xshift-2, those are DIFFERENT buttons!)
PROBLEM 3: Just as above for DVD mode, since you have this keymove, when you are in AUX mode ("other" keys assigned to AUX), it will override your MACRO on the POWER button (the one that calls DEV-SAT, xs-phantom 2), so in AUX mode, you won't get a press of the Power button to execute your "global" Power LKP. It will send a "1" to your Amplifier for short and "2" for long (via shift-cloaking!)

Yes, here were two big bugs! I kicked the dev_cancel commands and used the correct xs-1 and xs-2 to send the descrete power commands.
The override of the GLOBAL LKP Power was also intentional and is working.

Quote:
3) The POWER Macro (LKP calling nothing for short press, DEV-SAT, xs-Phantom2 {DEV-Cancel, shift-Power} for long press). THIS WILL ONLY EXECUTE IF THE "OTHER" KEYSET IS NOT ASSIGNED TO AUX or DVD, since those keymoves discussed above will override the macro.In ANY other mode, a short press should do nothing, whilst a long press should send whatever function you have assigend to the "power" button for that device (using shift-cloaking, as you have assigned nothing to the shift-power buttons.)

Yes, you describe the functionality as it is, but this was intended and works fine. The whole idea behind this was to make sure that any power_off command will only be activated after holding down the respective key.

Quote:
All of the "Power" functions you have assigned to XS-Power seem to serve no purpose other than to eat up memory.

Yes, I deleted them....

Quote:
Searching the forum, I managed to figure out that you had created your own extender 2 and 3, but even knowing this, the file you uploaded uses a further new extender, extender 4, apparently. Stating this information up front would probably have been useful.

1) Your use of the same ID (CPT0CPx1) leads to confusion with extender 1 - with the same ID;
(2) There are OTHER modifications required for this extender to interface with IR the way others do, activating the Special Protocol Functions tab, for example. I don't know what changes need to be made to accommodate this, but doing so, will make it easier to troubleshoot your Special Protocol functions.
(3) This comment is only my personal observation, but your IR file is really not organized in a manner that is easy to analyze. Usually one tries to group Keymoves and macros such that either all of the functions of the same type (Power LKPs, Custom Mode names, etc) are grouped together, or all of the Keymoves for one device (SAT, TV, etc.) are grouped together. In your case, it's very hard to trudge through and identify all of the related functions. Perhaps youare unaware, but you can simply click-and-drag any Keymove or Macro to a new position on the list. I would recommend doing so for ease of analysis.

The only modification I did was changing the distribution of move/macro memory and upgrade memory.
Ext1: splitpoint $400 (original great work of a real good expert!)
Ext2: splitpoint $500
Ext3: splitpoint $580
Ext4: splitpoint $540 (not yet public, to meet my personal memory need)

I do not (yet) understand the mechanism behind the ID (CPT0CPx1), I thought it would be hardware related, but I now guess it is meant to help IR to differentiate which RFD file will be needed. Which would make good sense!
Can you confirm that, then I will revise my versions of the extender mods for all.

OK I still have that effect when changing to the TV-devcie the next and only this power button punch is NOT entering the power macro. Insted the standard TV-power command is sent.
I added a big pause in the power macro call that proves that the power macro never gets called in this specific case.
Since the TV-Power is the activation of the extener I guess that there is a link and most likly the cause.
I think I need some help understanding the source....

Thanks again for your insight, you helped me to further understand the details.

teamvc

P.S. You are right I am not a native English speaker, but I do hope you can extract the meaning of what I try to convey...
teamvc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some additional investigation on that. The only way I found to stop that behaviour is to remove the normal and the xshifted definition from the device and keymove area. The only definition now is the shift-power keymove that actually is doing the IR-code.
In that configuration the first punch of the TV power button after selecting the TV device lead in no LED meaning nothing there to send. The next keypress will invoke the Global power macron and from there calling the shifted-power definition.
Very strange.....

teamvc
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest re-posting your NEW IR file, to allow ongoing troubleshooting/comments.

teamvc wrote:

The exception for AUX and DVD is intentional because I only have discrete power on/off for DVD so I wanted pwr_on on short and pwr_off on long kepresses. I use that very same mechanism for AUX.
So it is intentional and work's well.

Understood.
teamvc wrote:

Quote:
I'm not sure what this means. Does this mean that the Power function is sent for a short press? Or that there is no difference between short and long press?

Its sends pwr_ on both, short and long.
OK, please specifically explain, under what conditions what occurs, for example:

In AUX mode, short Power sends RCVR "on", long Power sends RCVR "off",
In SAT mode, short Power sends nothing, long Power sends SAT "power",
In TV mode, short Power sends TV "power" and long Power sends TV "Power" - no apparent delay between short and long

Is that about right?
teamvc wrote:

I am totally aware that XS is different to the related shifted function, but I used that to clarify which is a real function that is coming from the original remote and which are synthetic things (including helping stuff) like LCD or LKP stuff. (Otherwise I guess I would get lost in a such complex config... Wink )
I think that this is not destroying nor hurting anything. If not, can you tell me what effects I get doing it that way.
It hurts nothing, but makes analysis of what you have in your IR file sometimes a little more complex. It is purely your choice.
teamvc wrote:

The only modification I did was changing the distribution of move/macro memory and upgrade memory.
Ext1: splitpoint $400 (original great work of a real good expert!)
Ext2: splitpoint $500
Ext3: splitpoint $580
Ext4: splitpoint $540 (not yet public, to meet my personal memory need)

I do not (yet) understand the mechanism behind the ID (CPT0CPx1), I thought it would be hardware related, but I now guess it is meant to help IR to differentiate which RFD file will be needed. Which would make good sense!
Can you confirm that, then I will revise my versions of the extender mods for all..

This is an area in which I am most definitely NOT an expert. I am pretty good at using the EXISTING extender. Hopefully one of the experienced extender writers/implementers will jump in. I believe there are entries to be made in some .ini files in IR and RM to get full ease of functionality from the extender.

Further, I again suggest that you reconsider the need for shifting your memory boundaries. I would wager that you could squeeze in what you need in extender 1 (you are not using the DSM or ToadTog protocols at all, as far as I can see). There are other tricks you can use to save upgrade space (using Keymoves instead of assigning buttons in the upgrade, using built-in upgrades, etc.). THESE tricks, I'm pretty good at, and when I get home tonight, I'll try to take a look at your IR file again and see whether your upgrades are as efficient as they could be (in my humble opinion Rolling Eyes .

Finally, I would suggest that perhaps, the location of the "Power" button near the "up" arrow button isn't quite the huge challenge you make it out to be, and that you could better use your precious keymove memory for LKPs and button layouts to arrange just a global "off" macro on "power". I have most typically seen LKP's on "Power"as follows - short turns off the selected device, long turns off ALL devices, while the device keys are used for macros to power equipment on and select the correct inputs. Obviously each person sets it up as is most convenient for him/her, but that's my thought on your overall setup.

teamvc wrote:

OK I still have that effect when changing to the TV-devcie the next and only this power button punch is NOT entering the power macro. Insted the standard TV-power command is sent.
I added a big pause in the power macro call that proves that the power macro never gets called in this specific case.
Since the TV-Power is the activation of the extener I guess that there is a link and most likly the cause..
Once the extender is activated, that button assignment (TV/Power to activate the extender) SHOULD have nothing to do with anything. It gets somehow "shielded" from the rest of the programming after that initial activation, and in the "established" extenders, operates normally per the behaviour programmed by you in IR. Again, NOT being an extender construction expert, I don't know whether or not this may be causing your conflicting behaviour. Hopefully an extender expert can jump in and clarify.
teamvc wrote:

P.S. You are right I am not a native English speaker, but I do hope you can extract the meaning of what I try to convey...

I'm doing my best. Smile

EDIT: As I suggest in your other thread (about Pioneer protocols), I'd suggest you zip together and upload ALL of the files you use to make your IR file (RM/KM upgrades, RDFs, etc.). That would allow one to look at the entire big picture, instead of just focusing on one little bit at a time.

Amazon Firestick
teamvc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

thanks for your effort! Here are, I guess, all relevant files that have to do with that config.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2582
If I did forget something, just let me know.

Quote:
OK, please specifically explain, under what conditions what occurs, for example:

In AUX mode, short Power sends RCVR "on", long Power sends RCVR "off",
In SAT mode, short Power sends nothing, long Power sends SAT "power",
In TV mode, short Power sends TV "power" and long Power sends TV "Power" - no apparent delay between short and long

Is that about right?

Yes, all correct but for the TV "Power". Why is there no apparent delay between short and long? This is the core problem where I hang!!!!!!!
Please tell me why that is so and how to change it so it will behave like the Sat mode. Rolling Eyes Question Rolling Eyes

Razz Maybe you are able to en-light me why it's happening I seem to have reached a state where I find no new idea where this may come from.
In the meantime I added a ToadTog for the HT key.
The file you want to look into is: URC-8910X4-CGN-2005.12.16-2-retest power key.ir

In (URC-8910X4-CGN-2005.12.16-1-working by deleting the TV power def.ir) I circumvented the TV Power problem by removing that code definition from the device definition and added a shifted version of the tv power key in the keymove area.
This one gets called from within the global LKP power macro.
And that is strangely working despite the fact that there is only the shifted key available.
This has the side effect that after switching to TV the first time I press the power button it is ignored (because the code is not found in the unwanted direct execution outside of the LKP) and hitting power once again all works great until I hit the TV device key again...

Quote:
Finally, I would suggest that perhaps, the location of the "Power" button near the "up" arrow button isn't quite the huge challenge you make it out to be,

Nope, I tried it Exclamation
I seem to be to dumb Wink to not accidentally touch the power key every now and then... Embarassed
So I rather live with a little other inconvenience... Crying or Very sad

Quote:
and that you could better use your precious keymove memory for LKPs and button layouts to arrange just a global "off" macro on "power". I have most typically seen LKP's on "Power"as follows - short turns off the selected device, long turns off ALL devices, while the device keys are used for macros to power equipment on and select the correct inputs. Obviously each person sets it up as is most convenient for him/her, but that's my thought on your overall setup.

I guess we will see the same problem because of the fact that there is a powerbutton press for that TV powerbutton that is not calling the configured macro but the corresponding device code; (to be tested with an original ext1 setup) Unless you solve it before that time...

teamvc
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone finding difficulty in following this (count me in) you could always simply put the power function onto SHIFT-power. How often do you power-up and power-down a device in a day anyway? Note that I don't mean to critcize you efforts but offer this suggestion for anyone reading this looking for a simpler solution to things. I'll keep reading this thread because it is quite educational seeing a complex IR setup evolve.
greenough1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only put power-on codes for devices I have discrete on's - just to make sure the device is on. short kp and lkp either do device selection or executed a macro (change what device is selected), respectively. power off is for all devices and it defined as shift+sleep. I only run that at the end of the night to power down all devices.

this thread is interesting reading, though.
Best,
jeff
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got around to looking at the latest upload, but I am increasingly having difficulty with three aspects of this thread
(1) Not understanding the need for the desired behaviour (but to each his own);
(2) Still not nessarily convinced that a new, untested extender is required (although the sheer number and size of upgrades may indeed support that requirement); and
(3) Unfortunately the lack of teamvc's english-language capability really makes it challenging to sort through what he's saying/asking.

In general, however, I think that the behaviour of one button in one circumstance (TV/Power) being unpredicatable is increasingly likely to be related to the jury-rigged extender than to anything else in the IR setup, since I've been staring at the configuration for a few days now.

I'll give it a fresh look later today, to see if I can decypher anything, but I really think an extender writer needs to jump in and take a look.

Amazon Firestick
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching this one as well. While it's well beyond my skills, curiosity about the configuration and what Capn Trips is explaining got me.
For what it's worth, a log of observations:
1. RAR format was a distraction
2. RDF conflict with the standard file makes it rough to examine on one computer trying to compare things with standard configuration. Perhaps there's a way, but I haven't found it.
3. In the RDF file for Extender-4:
- Phantom3 is missing, but is not used
- [Special protocols] section is not there
- [Extender] section is not there
Once those two are put in, it's much easier to read the IR file and IR is not objecting
- on the line which begins "DEV_DB08[MySys]=$70:AllBind,DEV_DB09" ... AllBind is missing
- second value in FavKey line changed from $30 to $31, don't know the meaning
- DevComb line is not there
4. In IR, the retest file:
- Is this version of Pause protocol for a 2-byte value?
- Rcvr/Xshift-Exit: on the [On/Off] side there is SAT. Should it be Dev_Sat?
- Backlight timer is set to dec.245, legal, but long. Normal is 76 I think. It plays a role in timing cancel of shift operations.
- On the General tab, right side: Alt-shift button code is code for TV button. Perhaps that's a clue to something about having to press a TV/Power twice to work in the LKP?

Whether any of this has any effect for the proper functioning, I have no idea.
Especially that I can't quite figure out what the issue is Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: