JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PIP Swap Key for Slingbox/Motorola DCT3412 DVR ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: PIP Swap Key for Slingbox/Motorola DCT3412 DVR ? Reply with quote

I have a new Comcast Motorola DCT3412/2305 DVR box and a new Slingbox (PL version). I'm using the Slingbox C1376 code for my remote and it appears all the keys work -- except there isn't a key for the "PIP Swap", which swaps between the two tuners in this DVR box. A post on the Slingbox site referred to using this JP1 software.

I was able to get the "Slingbox with UEI PL Chip" file and import the C1376 bin file into the RemoteMaster program. On the Buttons tab, I see one labeled "PIP_Swap", but it's red. Also, all the buttons on the right side are all grey, and I cannot click or drag on any of them. I'm pretty much stuck at this point.

Is there a way to get a new button added to my Slingbox software so that I can use the PIP Swap functionality on my DVR?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. The DVR remote has a Comcast logo on it, but inside the battery compartment, there is a small sticker "G052602" and "URC-1067ABG1". This is the only identifing information on the physical remote itself.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Importing the bin file is the first step, but you need to add the missing function to the Functions list before you can add it to a button, and to do that you need to know the code for the function (ie, the EFC or OBC).

I looked through all the upgrade files and I found just one with a SWAP function, and the EFC that it uses is 236, so give that a try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, finally, I was able to get this to work! I had trouble with the Slingbox AV config portion, but eventually got it working.

Here's what I did:

In RemoteMaster, I imported the C1376 file, which is the remote version that works best with my Motorola DCT3412. I changed Remote from "Slingbox with UEI JU Chip" to "Slingbox with UEI PL Chip". (Note that there's only a C1376_JU.bin file in the SB software, but my IR version is 2.1, so I have a PL version of the SB.) I then added a new Function ("My_PIP_Swap") set at the 236 value, then attached my new Function to the PIP_Swap button. Then I exported the Binary Upgrade file. I saved it as C1376_PL.bin in the SBAV directory (there wasn't an existing file with this name).

Then, in the SlingBox software, I went through and re-picked C1376 as my AV setup. Now, when I am connected to my SlingBox, I have a new menu option under the Remote menu -- at the bottom, beneath the Power, Watch Live, and Help menu options, there's now an option called "Custom04". When I pick that, it does switch from one tuner to the other tuner! Yeah!

The trouble I had was with the file names -- originally, I saved my new bin file as C9998_PL.bin (I didn't see anything anywhere that already used the 9998 number, so I figured I could use that number for my custom version), and then edited the SVAB.cfg file -- wherever I saw a C1376, I also added my new C9998. Everything seemed to be OK in the SlingBox software, as my new option showed up on the menus, but when I selected it, it gave me an error -- I forget the exact message, but it was something along the lines of not being able to find the IR codes. I'm assuming that I didn't edit the SBAV.cfg file correctly -- I tried several different attempts at this before going back to my original, unedited SBAV.cfg file, and using the C1376_PL.bin file name. That worked for me. I don't even care that it says "Custom04"!

Plus, I was glad to see that I didn't have to do anything to my SlingBox software on another PC -- the Custom04 menu option appears on that PC's SlingPlayer software without any changes. And it works too!

Thanks very much, Robman!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're editing or creating an upgrade in RM, you must assign the upgrade a device mode (eg, CABLE) and a setup code number (eg, 1376). The setup code that you use is encoded into the binary file and it's used to give the file it's name. If you then re-name the file, you will break it, as you found.

In the Slingplayer software, when you select a code, it checks the SBAV folder to see if there's a file there with the right name, if there is it will use it. When it uses the file, it inspects the contents to see if the code inside matches the code that you just selected, and if it doesn't, it rejects the code.

Also, just FYI, the maximum number for setup codes is 2047.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: