JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with 2104 RDF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Problem with 2104 RDF Reply with quote

I get an error with the new 2104 RDF I never got with the old one. IR gives an error that says something like "problem with fixed data at $019".

I noticed the new RDF has:

[FixedData]
$019=$09
$01F=$14

But the original RDF distributed with IR only has:
[FixedData]
$01F=$14
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 2104 RDF Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I get an error with the new 2104 RDF I never got with the old one. IR gives an error that says something like "problem with fixed data at $019".

I noticed the new RDF has:

[FixedData]
$019=$09
$01F=$14

But the original RDF distributed with IR only has:
[FixedData]
$01F=$14

The [FixedData] section of the 2104 RDF has been the same since atleast the distribution of IR3.21a and b. Which version of IR are you using? and when are you getting the message re: fixed data error?

I will check it out on one of my 2104's
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I see the answer here. My guess is that the IR image that you have was built some time ago with an older version of the RDF and possibly an older version of IR but more than likely just an older RDF. Sometime after you built your image someone made a change to the RDF to correct an error or problem that was happening. The fixed data entry that was added effectively is protecting a register in the remote so it does not get corrupted. This is more than likely a fix for a problem that you may not have seen until you tried a newer RDF.

So what does this mean to you, you have two options, 1) edit the RDF and remove the first entry under [FixedData] or 2) rebuild the image with the newer RDF. Either way should get you back on the road.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error message also prompted to replace the fixed data at $019. I was afraid to do that not knowing whether the later RDF was correct. Now I've rebuilt the image with the later RDF as you suggested, and all is well.

Thanks
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Error message also prompted to replace the fixed data at $019. I was afraid to do that not knowing whether the later RDF was correct. Now I've rebuilt the image with the later RDF as you suggested, and all is well.

Thanks

Good, glad it is working for you and in the end it is best to be on the latest RDF anyway.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

For those who hit this in the future, I'm pretty sure this particular item of fixed data ($019 in a 15-2104) is best to let IR.EXE fix for you when it asks. Unfortunately there are other items of fixed data that shouldn't be "fixed". Those not matching indicate that the wrong RDF is selected.

IIRC, this is the one associated with that nasty feature of the 15-2104 that scrambles the keypad (I think it's a really stupid attempt to stop competitors from using the 2104's built in database to build their own). Many different values are OK (don't turn on the nast feature). The RDF has one particular value, since that does no harm and avoids potential harm. But as you saw, IR has no way to distiguish other safe values from the unsafe values. You either have the official safe value or it complains. There's no benefit to a different safe value so no reason not to let it fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: