JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Plasma Codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Plasma Codes Reply with quote

Hi.
While I'm busy learning about this JP1 stuff and still trying to get my interface happening, I have some other questions about some IR Codes.

I have a Nextier 42HD Plasma Display that has a frustrating IR Remote.
I have captured all the codes with an AMX IRIS learning device and used IRLite to generate Pronto Hex.

I have also pasted the Pronto Hex into IR Tool to determine what the codes is made of, and entered the OBC numbers into the Keymap Master Spreadsheet for future use when I get my interface talking!

There are some strange things about the Nextier system as far as how the remote works.

Channel +/- is also arrow Up/Down
Volume +/- is also arrow Right/Left
Menu/Enter is the same key
Select is Channel Up or Down.

What I'm interested in most is Input Commands as the only way to change inputs is as follows

INPUT (brings up vertical list of about 7 inputs)
DOWN (Vol-) (worst case 7 PRESSES ! )
RIGHT (Chan+) (to Select)
MENU (to get back to menu)
MENU (to quit menu)

From the information I have saved, is it possible to find Discrete Input Commands? If not I'll have to buy an RS232 converter I guess and use that port, but I thought I should try this first.

How do I attach these text files to this post?
Cheers
Simon
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Plasma Codes Reply with quote

simonsezdothis wrote:
I have captured all the codes with an AMX IRIS learning device and used IRLite to generate Pronto Hex.

I have also pasted the Pronto Hex into IR Tool to determine what the codes is made of, and entered the OBC numbers into the Keymap Master Spreadsheet for future use when I get my interface talking!

I know little about Pronto hex, and that is quite the hard way of getting decode information from a remote, especially if you have a learner, but since you don't have your interface working, it may be the only way for now. A simpler way is to use the learning feature of your JP1 remote, and (once the interface is working) get the decoded information from the "Learned signals" tab in IR.

simonsezdothis wrote:
There are some strange things about the Nextier system as far as how the remote works.

Channel +/- is also arrow Up/Down
Volume +/- is also arrow Right/Left
Menu/Enter is the same key
Select is Channel Up or Down.

What I'm interested in most is Input Commands as the only way to change inputs is as follows

INPUT (brings up vertical list of about 7 inputs)
DOWN (Vol-) (worst case 7 PRESSES ! )
RIGHT (Chan+) (to Select)
MENU (to get back to menu)
MENU (to quit menu)

This is not atypical behavior for OEM remotes, and searching for discrete input commands is a VERY typical use of these fora.
simonsezdothis wrote:

From the information I have saved, is it possible to find Discrete Input Commands?
If there are no other files for your equipment (or something similar from the same vendor, slightly different model no., etc.) you may choose to conduct a code search. Now there are a few caveats associated with sending random EFC's/OBC's to some equipments, particularly TVs, but if you are careful and smart about how you approach this, it can be done.

A good place to start is examining your KNOWN functions, and sorting them by OBC to help you identify any obvious "gaps" or unused OBCs in a cluster of USED OBCs. This is easy enough to do in KM on the Code List worksheet (the last tab) and in RM on the functions sheet just click on the OBC column and they will sort by OBC. Test them and see what they do.

WARNING!: SENDING RANDOM OBC'S TO A TV SET MAY RESULT IN YOU EXECUTING A FULL RESET OF SOME SORT WHICH MAY RENDER YOUR SET USELESS although I have not heard of this in a plasma set to date. A more likely possibility is that you may stumble upon the SERVICE MENU with which you must be very careful, as you MIGHT find within the menu a way to seriously affect the settings on your TV in an unrecoverable manner. When I stumble upon a Service Menu command, I record it, back out of it, and never assign it to an upgrade - but that's just me.
simonsezdothis wrote:
If not I'll have to buy an RS232 converter I guess and use that port, but I thought I should try this first.
How will that help?

simonsezdothis wrote:

How do I attach these text files to this post?
You can upload any files you want examined by a forum member to the diagnostic area of the files section (see the link to the files section near the top of this page). Then post a link to your newly-uploaded file(s) here. You do this by using the "URL" tag above the window in which you type your post, and pasting in the link to your just-uploaded file.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. It's helpful whenever you post or start a new thread to tell us what remote you are using, since many of them have different characteristics. Form a previous thread, I believe you're working with a URC 8910, is that correct?

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One further idea - post the KM/RM file you have already generated from your decoded signals, and perhaps someone here will recognize a similarity to another upgrade from another vendor that might offer you a point from which to diverge in your code search.

Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this your set? Never heard of Nextier. I wonder if they are a rebrand of some other plasma product.

Amazon Firestick
simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: PLasma etc. Reply with quote

Re Remote: - Yes I'm using an 8910 - sorry not to have mentioned that again.

Re: RS232 - I was under the understanding that RS 232 ports usually have direct commands for just about every function you can imagine. Certainly those products I have dealt with in the past, have been this way.

I will try to post the files I mentioned over the weekend.
Yes you found Nextier OK. The Glass is from LG, the tuner card is a Phillips I think, and everything else is Nextier.
I have already sent them a request for codes etc, on the basis I was trying to integrate their plasma into a Hoe Theatre System. Here was their reply.

"1. Basically, you cannot connect Home Theater system with our Plasma TV directly because there is no optical port(terminal) and you need other equipment like DVD Player or Set-top Box at your house."

Not Bad huh? !!!!!!

Cheers
Simon
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as though they've misinterpreted your question and their reply implies that you can't get a sound output from their plasma TV to your home theatre system. Of course, they might just not want to give you the codes or the person answering the e-mail couldn't be bothered to reply fulyy but it very much depends upon how you worded your question. Try asking them again in very specific terms and see what their response is. Be sure to ask for ALL codes including discrete ON, discrete OFF etc. and any service codes that you should avoid entering in case you inadvertently screw up your system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: