JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is a decompiled CCF useful for discrete codes? strong5390

View previous topic :: View next topic  
princi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Is a decompiled CCF useful for discrete codes? strong5390 Reply with quote

I'm trying to get a slingbox to control a strong 5390 - and I don't have a learning remote.

I found a CCF file that contains the strong 5390 codes and decompiled it into CSF format, but is this going to be of any use to me in achieving the goal above?

Greatly appreciated.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSF format won't be any use.

Rather than decompiling a CCF, you should use DecodeCCF.exe and DecodeIr.dll

That will decode all the IR signals in the CCF file into a form similar to the input KM or RM would require for an upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, here's the CCF in question: Strong 5390B.

I just ran this file through DecodeCCF and took a peek at the output. To find the Strong codes you will need to look for the "PVR" device. This device appears to use the popular NEC1 dev 0 code. Some of the signals decode as using the Pioneer protocol, you can ignore that, just treat those codes as using NEC1.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I extracted all the PVR codes from that file for you. As Rob said you need to select NEC1 protocol (in KM or RM) and set device number to 0. Then Enter these OBCs and function names on the functions sheet:

0 - Power
1 - 1
2 - 2
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - 3
7 - 6
8 - 7
9 - Record
10 - 8
11 - 9
14 - 0
16 - Menu
17 - Return
18 - Sel
20 - Left_Arrow
21 - Up_Arrow
22 - Down_Arrow
23 - Right_Arrow
25 - Info
27 - Scan_Back
28 - Scan_Forward
31 - Set Time
68 - Play
69 - Stop
70 - HD Playlist

That was an unusually well organized CCF file. But even so, the output of DecodeCCF was much easier to read in Excel than in a text editor (for badly organized CCF files reading DEcodeCCF output in a text editor is hopeless).

The DecodeCCF output was also confusing regarding the signals on the "Select" panel. Most were unnamed and all were duplicates of OBC numbers from other panels. That sort of thing leaves you guessing whether those OBC numbers correspond to a second set of functions in some specific context. Then it's very helpful to open the same CCF file in ProntoEdit and see what the problem panel looks like. There is often information in the graphics that is lost when DecodeCCF extracts just names and signals. In this case the appearance of the panel made me more confident that a JP1 upgrade wouldn't be missing anything if it were built (as my list above) ignoring that "select" panel.
princi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thank you thank you guys!

I'm completely new to this and really appreciate the help. I needed the codes so that I can create a profile for Slingbox (PL blaster) to control the Strong PVR.

With Slingbox releasing a PAL version soon, your hard work will not go astray. The Strong 5390B PVR is one of the top boxes in the australian market and all those new PAL slingbox users will really appreciate the built-in support.

Now let's see whether I can get get the codes into RM and start controlling the PVR remotely!! Very Happy
princi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT:

Hmm, the Remote is SlingBox with UEI PL chip and the Protocol is NEC1 and the Device Number is 0.

I selected Power from the Functions Tab and enter the OBC. I even assigned that Function to the Power button that was listed in the layout and Exported the binary to Slingplayer.

I fired up SlingPlayer and selected the device (I had exported the binary as V5390) and selected that from the list.

But when it tried to send the Power command to test IR support, it came back with:

This function is not available for this device.

I guess this really belongs in the Slingbox forum, but since The Robman is involved in this thread, I hope it's ok to discuss it here.

Really appreciate your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

princi wrote:
I fired up SlingPlayer and selected the device (I had exported the binary as V5390) and selected that from the list.

You didn't change the default file name for the binary file did you? The name of the file has to exactly match the setup code that's encoded into it, or you'll get the message that you got.

If you think you did all that OK, post a copy of your bin file in the Diagnosis Area here and I'll take a look at it. (As long as you post a link to it, that is).
princi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that must be it.

The setup code was 0000, the default filename was V0000 which I changed to V5390.

OK, now I know what I have to do.

Thanks again for your help.
princi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! It worked - well, the Power function at least.

Thanks guys.

Now to get all the other functions working....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: