JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Millenium 4 - Weird keymoves and macros

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Millenium 4 - Weird keymoves and macros Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just built my Simple Interface and got the IR program working. I even managed to reassign some keys to work with the Bell Expressvu receiver Very Happy .

Problem is that there is this weird Key move entry as follows:

# Bound Device Bound Key Device Button Device Type Setup Code Hex Cmd EFC or Key Name
1 Cable TV/VCR <N/A> Cable 0769 $03 $11 $03 $09 $02 $29 $13 154* (Use Hex)

Since the Bell Receiver uses setup code 0775 I can't quite figure out what this key move does.

There is the same kind of thing in the Macros section:

# Key Name Keys
1 2 1;F2;LAST;2;8;9;F2;Key83;4;6;0
2 F3 4;9;8
3 F3 4;9;8

The way I programmed the F1 key is CBL 261, the F2 key CBL 289; CBL 460 and the F3 Key as CBL 498. The F3 entry is right but why are there 2 entries? If I delete one, it wipes out the whole set.

If I delete entry 1, again the whole set is wiped out and when I try to download from the remote I get all kinds of errors, mostly key move already assigned.

My first thought is that the RDF I'm using isn't mapping the data quite right but I don't have enough experience to prove this.

Any ideas, O Brilliant JP1'ers????

thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two different versions of the Millenium 4, that IR.EXE can't tell apart, that store KeyMoves and Macros differently.

Jim investigated this recently. I think he posted the two versions of RDF, but I'm not sure where. Once you have both RDFs you can delete the one that doesn't work, or you can tell IR.EXE each time you start, which RDF fits your remote.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

Jim investigated this recently. I think he posted the two versions of RDF, but I'm not sure where. Once you have both RDFs you can delete the one that doesn't work, or you can tell IR.EXE each time you start, which RDF fits your remote.

Both versions of the RDF's are in the current distribution in the Required Tools for JP1 section
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR 3.50 will display the differences to tell which version of the Mill4 you are using, by clicking the lower "bar" under the window that list the two choices, B00 or B01_B04. If you're using an IR version below 3.50 you won't be able to view this "quick guide". However, if you look at the RDF's, themselves, You can still read the "identification" line that guides you to know which version you have.
Selecting the wrong rdf will make IR display weird results including displaying weird looking keymoves, or no keymoves when they are actually there and operational.

To save you a little time: Remove the battery cover. Focus on the area around the JP-1 plug hole. There's a divider between the battery area and the JP-1 pin section. B00's and B01's have a heatstamped number here. Don't worry about what that number is, just if it's there or not. If NOT, it's a B04.
If it's there, you now have to narrow it down between the B00 and B01. Now focus on the flat shelf immediately RIGHT of the JP-1 pins.
"B00" may or may not be heat stamped there. If it's a B01, that will always be there. If you thus DON'T see "B01", by default it's a B00.

To sum: B00 will have a heat stamp on the divider and *may/may not have B00 on the right shelf.
B01 will have the divider heatstamp AND B01 on the right shelf.
B04 will have NOTHING on the divider or Right shelf.

The B00 requires it's own rdf; the B01 and B04 SHARE an rdf.

As a sidenote, since you mentioned F1, F2, and F3 keys, it's likely a B00. All the B01's and B04's I've seen use A,B,and C instead of "F" numbers. Some B00's will also use A,B,and C.

Hope this helps.
Jim
jrhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried both the B00 and the B04 rdf's. The B00 seem to work better.

My remote doesn't have a heat stamp in any of the places you mentioned but it does have a stick on label with URC-4MXXXBJ8-XXX; J 03 14 02.

The B00 uses the F1 etc buttons for the macro; it also as A, B, C buttons under the cover which the instruction booklet mark as Reserved for Cable Operator. I've successfully remapped the A button as TV - Video 1.

Curiouser and curiouser.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: