JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8040 4 Device Kameleon - Extender 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: URC-8040 4 Device Kameleon - Extender 1 Reply with quote

I have uploaded Extender 1 for the URC-8040 to the jp1 group file section: URC-8040 Extender 1

In addition to the features listed below I have added an option to disable the backlight motion detector from IR. This in effect is a software solution to clipping the motion sensor wires

This remote uses the new style 2 byte keymoves and is not easy to program in IR I thought I would just go ahead and build this extender to allow you to program keymoves the old way plus have the other benefits of an extender.
    This version includes:

Faster Macros
    Nested macros
    Macros on all buttons (except SCREEN)
    Very different and flexible device selection
    Pause protocol
    Device Specific Macros
    ToadTog
    Long/Double Keypress

This version has 2 limitations you need to be aware of:

1) TeleText functions must be mapped to the transport buttons
    2) Menu and Guide do not act like the unextended remote you will need to use screen to scroll through the screens.
    NOTE: DSMs can be created to simulate the unextended remote action

See the included ReadMe.txt for details on installing and using the extender.

Post any problems or requests in this thread.

Good luck and have fun Very Happy

Last edited by Nils_Ekberg on Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:46 am; edited 6 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can we start calling Nils the "Kameleon Expert" now??? Smile
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
So can we start calling Nils the "Kameleon Expert" now??? Smile
I knew that was coming Laughing
RichardP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I know that this topic has been dormant for quite a while, and I'm probably the only person using this extender, but I've come across a little problem which is quite annoying!

I'm having problems with key moves for a specific device. Its an old Pace OnDigital box (UK Freeview TV), Sat device code 0241. If I do a key move using the standard remote OS then it works fine. But if I try and do it through IR with the extender then it does not work. I notice that one of the comments you made was regarding key moves, so I'm not too surprised that it did not work. It may be the way that I 'caught' the key moves, by moving them on the standard remote, looking at the Hex/EFC in IR and then entering the Hex/EFC as a key move in the extender version in IR.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a new Freeview box. Seriously, they're a lot better now with EPGs etc. I used to think that drop-outs were just part of life with Freeview until I traded in my OnDigital box (Philips) for a cheap Echostar one and then blew that away with a Topfield twin-tuner PVR (record two programs while replaying another and watching yet another PIP).
RichardP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know the old OnDigital box is not exactly the best free view box, in fact it's quite possibly the worst! Having said that it's actually been running for the last 3 years without any lockup at all, which has to be good. Changing channels can take 2 seconds or more, but if you use its crappy now and next guide it's almost instant to browse channels.

One thing it does have which is essential for my use, which most - if not all modern boxes don't (at least not that I could find) is an RF modulator output, most modern boxes just have an RF pass through.

I actually also have 3 Sky+ boxes and a Media Centre PC with dual free view tuners in the house, the OnDigital box is only there so it can have my wife’s exclusive use so she does not get mad at the kids changing channel when she is watching something in another room!

However, back to the point. I have actually solved the problem! Smile My post, and reading the initial post, made me think that maybe the way I had found the key move codes was not correct. So I used another remote (an 8060) and did the same thing - moved the OnDigital codes using the standard remote. This gave a completely different set of Hex codes - which when entered into the 8040 work fine!

So, I now have two questions!

1) Given that you have a device code, what is the easiest way to find the code for a single key press so you can do a key move without using the 994 code on the standard remote?

2) If all I had was the 8040 (which uses "new style 2 byte key moves" to quote Nils) how would I find out what the codes were for the 8040 extender?
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
I actually also have 3 Sky+ boxes and a Media Centre PC...
Averse to gadgets, then?

Re the Kameleon-4 codes. Do you have the protocol, device number and a code listing for SAT/0214 as I am "collecting" setup codes? I have downloaded all the Pace WAV upgrades for the Kameleon-6 from OneForAll's site (since the Kameleon-6 has a modem) and wonder if any of the 15 or so upgrades are similar to SAT/0214 and whether they have any extra functions. SAT/0214 itself is not in the WAV files as it is an in-built code so no need for them to provide it as a downloadable upgrade.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I assume then that this is not an extender problem? I don't want to leave you hanging if there is in fact some problem that just arose.
RichardP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Can I assume then that this is not an extender problem? I don't want to leave you hanging if there is in fact some problem that just arose.

Nils,

Yes, you are correct, it is not an extender problem, the problem was caused by the different way that the extender and standard remotes handle key moves.

Richard
RichardP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Averse to gadgets, then?.[/quote]
Can't stand them! Smile

underquark wrote:
Re the Kameleon-4 codes. Do you have the protocol, device number and a code listing for SAT/0214 as I am "collecting" setup codes? I have downloaded all the Pace WAV upgrades for the Kameleon-6 from OneForAll's site (since the Kameleon-6 has a modem) and wonder if any of the 15 or so upgrades are similar to SAT/0214 and whether they have any extra functions. SAT/0214 itself is not in the WAV files as it is an in-built code so no need for them to provide it as a downloadable upgrade

Sorry, I just used the key moves with the standard device codes used in the remote so I didn't get as far as finding the protocol stuff.

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: