JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade for HP TV works ok on URC-8080 but not on URC-8910

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antilope

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Upgrade for HP TV works ok on URC-8080 but not on URC-8910 Reply with quote

Device: Hewlett Packard PE4200N EDTV Plasma TV
Type of device: Plasma TV
Year: 2005
JP1 Remote model: URC-8910, URC-8080 B02
JP1 user? Yes
Still have original remote? Yes
I have the latest versions of RM and IR.exe

I have a puzzling problem with an upgrade that works fine on one model remote, but not others.

I used a URC-8910 learning remote to learn all of the original buttons from my HP Plasma TV. I then created an upgrade in Remote Master and uploaded it to the URC-8910 with IR.exe.

When I use the URC-8910 remote in the learned button mode, the TV will work fine for that learned button. The IR signal is received fine from up to 20 feet from the TV and off to the side. The URC-8910 works fine in the learned mode.

When I upload the upgrade file to the remote via the JP1, it works weakly. The remote has to be about 6 or 8 feet from the TV and not far off to the side. Sometimes it takes multiple button pushes to get it to work.

I then created an upgrade for my RCA RDU-810. It works weakly like the URC-8910.

I then created an upgrade for my URC-8080 B02 Producer 8 and uploaded it to the remote via the JP1 and it works perfectly. It works from far away, off to the side, etc. Does the URC-8080 put out a stronger IR beam?

Here is a link to the upgrade file I created for the URC-8080 B02:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2464

Here is a link to the upgrade file I created for the URC-8910:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2343

Thanks for looking.

-Antilope
Sacramento, CA
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: