JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox PL remote does not appear in remote selection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
strabemus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Slingbox PL remote does not appear in remote selection Reply with quote

Using: RemoteMaster.v1.39

Trying to add support for my Sky Digital box to my slingbox as per the instructions at

http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/10580/

and cross referencing the instructions at

http://controlremote.sourceforge.net/rmhelp/rmhelp.html

Step 7 of the sling community post makes it sound so simple… just “Change the remote to the SlingBox PL version”

At first I was not even able to get any Slingbox remote to show up in the dropdown list but a bit of searching turned up the JU version of the RDF at

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4974&highlight=sling

which is BINJU (Slingbox with UEI JU Chip).rdf. The rest of the discussion is way over my head.

Now I can’t seem to track down the PL version of the RDF which appears to be needed.

I get the feeling I missed something fundamental here… it can’t be this difficult.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I thought the Sling RDFs had been added to the RDF zip file already. You can download them from here...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=44

Plus, I just added them to the main zip myself.
strabemus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it - thanks

bad news is it still did not work as the IR version i am working with is neither 2.0 or 2.1 I'm told by some folks over on the sling forums you are aware of it. if you get a chance to work it and need someone to test new code, feel free to contact me.

mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your IR Blaster version then? (Note, don't just call it IR around here, because that's the name of our main JP1 program).

The only other box that I am aware of is the Beta PAL box. While I have one of these I haven't tried hooking it up yet. Also, we don't know what the upgrade files will look like as Sling hasn't received any yet.

My guess is that they will be in the same format as the PL files.

If you have the PAL box, try this: Try creating the file as though you were using the PL box, then rename the PL portion of it to PK and see if that works. If it doesn't, try renaming a JU file to PK and see if that works.
strabemus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - IR Blaster ver 3 and yes it is part of the PAL beta

I've tried the PL and the JU but did not do any renaming. i'll try that today and see what happens.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: