JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

General Instruments DRC400 limitations??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: General Instruments DRC400 limitations?? Reply with quote

With standard manual programming it has limited functionality (Sony, setup code 0000 no menu access...). This is what the local cable company Gogeco (big in Canada) supplies with digital cable. It really needs a JP1 doctor. It is also apparently on its way to being replaced by Motorolla DRC450 which at least has holes.

In an attempt to upgrade my friends DRC400 I have just loaded the latest(?) IR321b and the RM/IR compliant RDFs. I'm unable to get macros anywhere.

On a nother note, as a test; using KM I was able to upgrade the EFCs for discrete pwr on/off onto the "Bypass" and "Music" buttons. IR devices page indicates that the EFCs are not on the buttons where I placed them and the numerous keymoves showed scrambled EFCs as well.

Using RM there was no effect as the buttons did not appear transmit a signal. This may merely take some experimentation as it is my first day with RM. However there my be a bug with both IR and RM when it comes to this remote.

It seems there's a lot of organization and new releases happening wrt RDFs, RM, IR and KM so If it's better to wait for the dust to settle I will.

In the meantime I can plug away at it, but it would be helpful to know what would qualify as the shift key on the remote? The manual programming sequence merely involves holding down the device key for a few seconds. I used IR to make macros on shifted keys then used the "setup" (aka shift??) in another macro in an attempt to invoke one, but nope.

Thanks in advance

Matthew
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: General Instruments DRC400 limitations?? Reply with quote

MJ wrote:
However there my be a bug with both IR and RM when it comes to this remote.

More likely, there's a problem with the RDF. The DRC400 doesn't get a lot of press around here, so it's likely we don't know enough about it (yet).
Castlestone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ
I've tried to create a macro on the DRC450 but have run into the same problem as you in that they just don't work. I gave up for now but I would like to be able to do it.

Mike
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some JP1 remotes that don't support macros. The Maestro II is one that I'm absolutely sure doesn't do macros. The remote that came with the Replay 2000's also fits that category (I think). The best way to test is to try to create a macro from the remote. If that isn't described in the manual (or you don't have the manual) then look on this site at the 15-1994 or Cinema 7 manual. What ever the 9xx code is for creating macros I believe it's the same across all the S3C8 non-LCD remotes. If that doesn't work you are almost 100% certainly out of luck.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The macro code is 995, but while Jason's advice is generally correct, some further clarification is needed.

Some remotes only allow manually programmed macros on specific buttons, and those buttons aren't always present on the remote itself. One such example is the Outlaw Audio remote. In this case, the 995 command is accepted, but when you chose a button it is rejected. For a remote like this, you can program macros using IR.exe to almost any button.

Another example is the URC-6131 PVR remote. I don't recall if the 995 command is even accepted on this remote, it certainly doesn't allow manually programmed macros, but again you can program them with IR.exe
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*P* (setup, set, magic, et al)(hold for two blinks), 9,9,5 is the typical macro programming sequence for non-lcd remotes. You may want to review those manuals anyway for the rest of the steps.

Jim
MJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: I think its missing "stuff" inside Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. DRC does not accept much. The manual states it will accept 990 to verify setup codes digit by digit. I tried other codes but she does not accept anything else. Next attempt involves liposuction AND colagen. Laughing

Moving on,
Matthew
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: