JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer Region Hack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Pioneer Region Hack Reply with quote

I own a One for All URC10820. I don't have a JP1 cable and software for connecting to my computer. I need the One for All version of the device code and key assignment codes for the following CCF file: pio-dvd-dv565a.zip

Also, conversions of other Pioneer region hacking CCFs and LIRCS to One for All format would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not possible to re-create that code with a non-JP1 remote.

See the following thread if you want the full details...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3239

For people finding this thread in a search, the actual upgrade is here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23296#23296
Big C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Mine has a six-pin socket and 994 key assigning capabilities Reply with quote

I just don't have the particular cable and software. After choosing the propper Pioneer DVD setup code, by using the 994 key assigning feature, can I assign a key the appropriate device code(s) to send the appropriate signal(s)? Thank you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egalus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the URC10820 is JP1 capable (which I don't know) build the cable yourself, parts cost less than 5€ and the software is freeware and available in this forum.

And trust "the robman", he knows what he is talking about.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-10820 is a JP1.2 remote, which is not (at ttis time) supported by JP1 tools. As Robman says, you absolutely need a JP1 remote to create those codes. They are not built in to any UEI remote that we know of.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

egalus wrote:
If the URC10820 is JP1 capable (which I don't know) build the cable yourself, parts cost less than 5€ and the software is freeware and available in this forum.

The Robman wrote:

egalus wrote:
And trust "the robman", he knows what he is talking about.

Trust him, and this isn't a JP1 remote so won't work with JP1 cable.
Big C

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Thanks to all. Reply with quote

I've put a lot of time and money into service manuals and remotes to hack my system. And if I buy either a DVDRW drive with blank dual-layer disks to make region-free copies, or a Philips Pronto TSU500, either option would run me about $220, over half the cost of my system. So I'll just take a year and wait and save for Yamaha separate components. That way, I can get DVD-AUDIO, SACD, and multi-region compatibility. Thanks again. Sorry to bother you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, how you decide to manage your system is your business, but you seem to be mis-understanding the info that you are being given here.

Your original question quite specifically asked if you could use your non-JP1 remote to hack this player, and the answer is a definite no. You seem to have jumped to the conclusion that your only other option is to spend a few hundred bucks on a Pronto, which is absolutely NOT the case.

If you took the time to read the thread that I provided the link for earlier, you would see that you can indeed use a cheap JP1 remote to perform this hack, you just can't use your current remote to do it. For example, I could sell you a URC-8811 for $20 and I could even pre-load the hack for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: