JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multiple Protocols

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Multiple Protocols Reply with quote

Trying to set up my RS 15-2116 to control my Mitsubishi SR-HD5 Satellite Receiver. 90% of the keys are NEC1 protocol, but, 10% are Mitsubishi protocol. My question is, how can I map different protocols to different keys on the same device? Question

Thank you for your help
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Device Combiner protocol included in the KM. The documentation is included in the KM .zip file.

Hal
JDD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT !!

Thanks for your quick reply.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting situation. Normally I would suggest that there's probably just one protocol being used, with the non-conforming buttons being mis-diagnosed, but seeing as how the brand is Mitsubishi and that's the non-conforming protocol, it sounds like it might be the case.

Before going to the effort of setting up the device combiner though, I think you should confirm that both sets of codes really work. To do this, create two seperate upgrades (using KM or RM) and test them. This is a required step anyway because you will need to create both upgrades in order to determine the fixed data needed for the device combiner.

If you don't mind putting in a bit of extra effort, you might also want to try testing out the EFCs not covered by the stuff you have learned in each upgrade, just to see if (a) there's any secret additional functionality to be found (discretes, etc) and (b) to see if the functions from the other upgrade are replicated.

Rob
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a few CCFs for Mitsubishi devices that seem to combine NEC1 and Mitsubishi protocols. I've never been quite sure whether Mitsubishi really did combine protocols in one device or whether the Mitsubishi decodes were wrong (the NEC1 decodes were certainly correct) or whoever made the CCF mixed devices and just made it seem to be all for one Mitsubishi device, or the Mitsubishi remote included a few functions for some other Mitsubishi device, or what.

This thread has nearly confirmed that Mitsubishi really did mix protocols for one device. Testing that the learned Mitsubishi signals really do control that device, would finish confirming that.

We have also seen cases where a Mitsubishi remote had a built-in macro including an NEC1 signal and a Mitsubishi signal that turned out to be for two different devices. It's hard to get that macro to learn at all and then it doesn't play back correctly. You'd need to decode it and regenerate it as a macro if you really want it (but I think everyone who had trouble with that one found they only wanted part of it anyway).
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, those Mitsubishi commands are for the Mits TV to do the corresponding actions so if you have the Mits STB AND their TV, then the correct inputs are set etc.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
IIRC, those Mitsubishi commands are for the Mits TV to do the corresponding actions so if you have the Mits STB AND their TV, then the correct inputs are set etc.

If that's the case, I would say it's even more likely that you will find NEC1 codes that perform the functions where you found Mitsubishi signals.
johan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same pb ,
changed battery in my original remote ,redid a learning
and all codes went to NEC.

Johan
elecengineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a few keys it is easiest, if you have a second learning remote, to upload an upgrade. Then teach other remote. then either download from the second remote or teach first remote and download. This puts the buttons into generaly unused learn memory and can mix any number of devices.

I came upon this thread looking to add the single shutter function for my Digital rebel XT, after realizing that I would have to compleatly redo the function list in RM to add 1 key. I realized the above function.

Good luck to the rest of you
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: