JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beginners course on macros

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guentjo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Beginners course on macros Reply with quote

Is there a topic/article/sticky on how to get started programming macros? That's a stupid question, of course there is. I just can't find it. The steps for creating macros don't seem to be in the beginner guides.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, there isn't anything documented regarding macro how-to. They are nothing more than a series of keystrokes (max of 15) stored to be replayed later. Is there something specific you'd like to know?
guentjo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. My question is probably simple: How do "record" the keystrokes for the macros using IR? I'm going to want macros that do a few things at one time on one device, and macros that will cross devices. How do I go about doing that?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The macro tab in IR is pretty self-explanatory. Select the Bound Key (the button used to invoke the macro) and then pick the appropriate buttons from the list.

One important note to remember: macros are global, not device-specific. That means a macro like Power;TV/VCR;Volume+ will send those functions to whatever the current selected device is.
guentjo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Thanks. If have to 6131, that I plan on applying the extender to.

I'll give IR another shot.
egalus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:

One important note to remember: macros are global, not device-specific. That means a macro like Power;TV/VCR;Volume+ will send those functions to whatever the current selected device is.

Just to add that you can overcome a macro to be global if you create a keymove in each devicesection that you don't want to use the macro to for the button the macro is on to this same buttons-normal-code.

@guentjo:
Just create one or two macros with the remote itself (instructions can be found here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/faq.shtml ) and download them with IR, this helps greatly to understand how to create them in IR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that the 6131 only supports macros programmed using IR.exe, it won't let you program them on the remote itself.
egalus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Except that the 6131 only supports macros programmed using IR.exe, it won't let you program them on the remote itself.

Ups, sorry, didn't know that. I just thought that a remote that can use macros can program them itself.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe 6131 supports some sort of macro on the POWER button, so it has the necessary firmware to playback macros, but the wizards at UEI decided that it shouldn't allow macros on any of the other buttons, so they added logic to prevent you from recording them. However, there's nothing in IR that will stop you from programming a macro to whichever button you like.
guentjo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've got it. Now I'm experimenting with the 1K extender and key moves instead of upgrades to clear space. for longpress and device specific macros
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: