JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need code Cyberhome DVR-1500
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tradcli

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Need code Cyberhome DVR-1500 Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought a new toy, a dvr but I can not seem to find any codes for it.
CYBERHOME DVR-1500.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tradcli
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a JP1 cable? (This is a JP1 forum)

What UEI remote do you have?

Read the faq for JP1 Code search
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49
tradcli

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a JP! cable

Three remotes involved:

Cinema 7
RCA 810

Yes, I know I can learn it and decode it, etc. I was hoping someone else already had.

Thanks,

Tradcli
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have CCF files for four Cyberhome DVD players (and one Daewoo DVD player) that use NEC1 protocol, device 114.205.

It's possible that the DVR uses mostly the same commands as the DVD. If you decode a few signals and discover NEC1:114.205, then it's worth trying all the DVD commands.

Here is an article which says the DVR-1500 is based on the Cirrus CS98200 chip.
http://www.kensei-con.net/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/13/15622
It's likely that it uses the same IR commands as other brands based on that chip. However, I don't know an easy way to find out which other brands are. For that also, the best method is to decode a few signal, then it is easy to search for other brands with the same code set.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tradcli wrote:
Yes, I know I can learn it and decode it, etc. I was hoping someone else already had.

That's normally viewd as being a lazy attitude and is not well received here. If there isn't an upgrade already in the file section for your device, it means you have a chance to make a contribution yourself by creating one.

After all, why should we jump through hoops trying to help you if you're not willing to do some of the work yourself.
tradcli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

That was rather harsh. I uploaded a file for it to the Yahoo files section today. If someone else had already done it is seems senseless to duplicate the work.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your upgrade is NEC1, device 114, no subdevice. I assume you tested it. I just find it a little surprising that it has no subdevice, where the previous DVDs had subdevice 205. I'm not surprised they changed the subdevice, but I thought the "no subdevice" codes were pretty much all allocated before the codes with subdevices.
tradcli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I tested it with a urc 8810 and Cinema 7. Works great with both remotes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tradcli wrote:
Rob,

That was rather harsh. I uploaded a file for it to the Yahoo files section today. If someone else had already done it is seems senseless to duplicate the work.

I don't think so. We have been plagued by people posting requests for codes, which usually sends the few people who are dedicated to helping people off on web searches, etc to try and find the information (because they invariably don't have the device in question themselves). In most cases, it would be alot less work for the individual posting the request to just learn the signals themselves than it is for us to gather the info together from web sources.

This group is based on the hard work of a dedicated few people, people who put in several hours every single day, so I don't think it's asking too much to ask individuals to spend a few minutes to help themselves.
tradcli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. How are you to know who is lazy and who is not.....

You guys have done some great work. Thanks,
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, well there are a couple of clues.
1. Someone asks for a precanned upgrade only to get a reply by someone else that there's 2 or three upgrades posted in the yahoo JP-1 files>devices. That gives a hint he never bothered to check there first before asking.

2. He has looked and didn't find one. He then asks if anyone has one. That's implying that someone has made one, and THEY didn't post it. OK, there's NO REQUIREMENT that anyone post an upgrade they've made, ie, they aren't gonna be banned from the group just because they made an upgrade and didn't post it. I guess asking is supposed to put them on a "guilt trip" and go ahead and post it?

3. #2 is especially nasty if he didn't even bother to read the sticky at the top of this thread. It's especially annoying when they ADMIT that they know they can learn the signals, decode, etc.etc.etc., however instead of just going ahead and doing that, they resort to trying the guilt-trip thing just so they don't have to go through the steps.

Asking is legitimate ONLY when 1. There isn't a file posted for the device, AND/OR 2. They don't have the OEM for whatever reason, AND/OR they don't have a learning remote.

Since you actually went thru the real process and learned the signals, decoded with IR, built and loaded the upgrade, etc., you know how simple and actually quite easy it was to make the upgrade. You probably got that done in much less time than you spent getting online, accessing this site, posting the question, then waiting for someone to either tell you where an upgrade file was, or laid the guilt trip on them so they posted it for you to use.
Mark Pauker exerted a lot of time and effort to make IR and upgrade it. Rob, and Mark Pierson have spent countless hours developing KM and updating it. Gregg and John have spent an enormous amount of time developing and improving RM. Countless others did as well for the RDFs. Then Niles piles in tons of time and effort making the rdf's complete and IR/RM compliant.
All these manhours and effort were expended to give YOU (all JP-1 users) the tools to make your own custom upgrades. And that's just a small part of the picture when you consider PB, CCF2EFC, etc. etc, special protocols, extenders and the like.
No one expects anyone to "re-invent" the wheel. However, if there isn't an appropriate upgrade in the files, and you have the oem and a learner (you have 3), why even bother to ask id someone has a file you can use? If it isn't already posted, just assume YOU are the first JP-1er to have bought that device, and use the tools provided. Don't insult all those developers with "yeah I know I could simply learn..........." Rob's point wasn't that you were lazy, it was that you insulted the tool developers by NOT USING them when you found no pre-canned solution.

That's kind of like having nails, hammer, lumber, saw, etc, and saying yeah, I have everything I need to build a house; but I'm hoping someone already built a house and is gonna let me move in free. The only thing lacking is the EFFORT and work.

At any rate, you did use the tools made a working upgrade and posted it. We congratulate you on that successful effort. Thanks for posting it, maybe someone down the road will silently be able to make use of it.

Jim
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
At any rate, you did use the tools made a working upgrade and posted it. We congratulate you on that successful effort. Thanks for posting it, maybe someone down the road will silently be able to make use of it.

Nah... we'll just see another post like this:
Quote:
I just got a new (insert name of device here). Does anyone have codes for it?

Shocked Laughing Wink
tradcli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had no idea what a hornet's nest I was opening.

First let me say again thank you for all your hard work. It really is appreciated and please do not construe these comments as anyway diminishing the value and effort that you have all contributed.
(I am not being patronizing, I really am sincere)

The Cyberhome file was the first one that I have constructed, although I have used the JP1 programs and file to add several devices to my remotes over a period of greater than a year.

As a relative newbee to the inner workings of the remotes my perspective is a little different than yours. In the past, I did not even try to understand the technical end of the coding of the update. I had no reason to. The upgrade device files I needed had already been written and had been posted. (Several Apex DVDs, an Apex TV, a Sony DVD, etc.)

Although creating the Cyberhome file was simple enough and the programs involve (IR and the KM spreadsheet) are extremely well written, it occurs to me that the level of organization may be beyond the capability of many who want to use these features.

As an engineer, (civil, not electrical), the task was easy. The logic of an appropriate key layout that would be compatible with several remotes was a little more difficult and a knowledge of the workings of the programs and devices is important just to understand the jargon.

I did run into a small problem in that the first code returned by KM worked, I added several more functions and the next code produced worked incorrectly (The keys assigned to wrong buttons on the remote).

I probably exceeded the number of buttons allowed or caused some stupid confusion of my own making by duplicating some keys in my table.

I reconstructed the key layout from an earlier save and the problem went away.

Some of us idiots who ask the question do so out of ignorance, not laziness.

My apology for a bad question.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tradcli wrote:

I did run into a small problem in that the first code returned by KM worked, I added several more functions and the next code produced worked incorrectly (The keys assigned to wrong buttons on the remote).

I probably exceeded the number of buttons allowed or caused some stupid confusion of my own making by duplicating some keys in my table.

I don't think there's a limit on number of buttons. I don't understand what you mean by duplicating keys (there is no limit on assigning the same function to multiple buttons).

If I understood you correctly, you were building upgrades for the same device for more than one model of JP1 remote. If you put an upgrade for one model of JP1 remote into another model of JP1 remote, you get exactly the described symptoms "(The keys assigned to wrong buttons on the remote)". I always get that out of sync at least once in the course of building anything for multiple models. Maybe you made that same mistake.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about Jim's rant, if you stick around you'll get used to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: