JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie Question about 8810w

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry_J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Newbie Question about 8810w Reply with quote

Just wanted to begin by saying what a great site you guys have. I purchased this remote after reading in the forums (great remote) about the upgrade potential. I installed IR3.2 ,KM8.01, and the EX3.1. Extender works great on this remote for the macro/device keys. But I'm having problems programing in input selections for the macro keys ( say cable key = tv_input1, rcvr_video1 ). I've read through the yahoo site and the forums ,but don't known what I'm overlooking. Please be patient ( I'm very dense and this stuff is way over my head ). Any help would be appreciated

LJ
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Question about 8810w Reply with quote

Larry_J wrote:
Just wanted to begin by saying what a great site you guys have. I purchased this remote after reading in the forums (great remote) about the upgrade potential. I installed IR3.2 ,KM8.01, and the EX3.1. Extender works great on this remote for the macro/device keys. But I'm having problems programing in input selections for the macro keys ( say cable key = tv_input1, rcvr_video1 ). I've read through the yahoo site and the forums ,but don't known what I'm overlooking. Please be patient ( I'm very dense and this stuff is way over my head ). Any help would be appreciated
LJ

Assuming what you are trying to do is create a macro on the device button to select all the correct modes for watching the device you select all you need to code in the macro is the buttons you would normally press manualy to get to that viewing mode.

This sounds simple but you also have to consider what state each device is in when the button was pressed so you can have a macro that acts the same every time.

You must also consider the speed that the signals are sent to ensure the device is ready to receive them since the extender will send the signals much quicker than you can hit them manually and you may have to include delays.

You will also have to select the button groups you want active for the device such as volume (V_RCVR) for the rcvr, channel selections (C_CBL) for cable, etc.

I hope this helps get you started
Larry_J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.I just made a macro ( m1= TV;1,RCVR;4,CABLE ) and ( m2=TV;2,RCVR;5,DVD ) . But how do I place it in the extender?

LJ
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry_J wrote:
Thanks for the reply.I just made a macro ( m1= TV;1,RCVR;4,CABLE ) and ( m2=TV;2,RCVR;5,DVD ) . But how do I place it in the extender?

LJ

If you don't have an IR image of the remote with the extender open IR and select file/new and open the extender image that is in the ZIP file for the extender. You will then have to select the devices and their codes on the general panel. Then in IR on the macro tab you select ADD, then the button (bound) you want to create the macro on, then from the left column select the buttons you want to include. Upload it to the remote and see what happens. You can always go back in IR and change it.
Larry_J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added to the extended macro key cable ( P_TV;M_CBL;V_RCVR;O_CBL;X_TV;M1 ), but it would not work?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry_J wrote:
I added to the extended macro key cable ( P_TV;M_CBL;V_RCVR;O_CBL;X_TV;M1 ), but it would not work?

Try this

m1= X_TV;1,X_RCVR;4,X_CABLE

If that does not work upload your IR .txt file to the jp1/files/diagnostis folder so I can take a look at it.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry

This assumes that the number 1 in TV mode puts the TV in the mode you want but my guess is that 1 is actually a channel select number and the same for the number 4 in the RCVR mode. The 1 and 4 should actuallt be the commands that change the correct selection on the device.
Larry_J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll give It a try.

LJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: