JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need discrete off command for Philips Plasma TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KY Bob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Need discrete off command for Philips Plasma TV Reply with quote

With this websites help I have found some of the discrete codes I need.

The TV is Philips model 42PF9630A/37 (42" plasma). I'm using a OFA 6131. I've found that code 0054.

Some of the discrete commands work. The ones that work are;

018 Power on
037 AV1
170 AV3

However the 082 discrete power off does not work. Is there any other codes I can use? Or maybe another TV code that may work with other discretes.

I'm trying to get the commands into the 6131 so that I can then "learn" them into my sony model AV3100.

PLEASE NOTE: My OFA 6131 has the JP1 plug factory installed (I had to send it in for the factory to upgrade something else), so if this can be done via JP1 I'd be willing to do that .....but I would probably need alot of help form all of you to accomplish it.....

Any and all help is appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

082 is the only code that I know of. If you can't find a discrete code that works, maybe you could try making a macro with the steps "Discrete On, Power Toggle". Whether it works or not depends on how fast your TV warms up so it can respond to the power toggle command.

If your sony remote doesn't support macros, you could try learning the two buttons (to a single Sony button) in quick succession to make a simulated macro.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
082 is the only code that I know of.
082 certainly fits with setup code 0054 and those other discretes.

The Robman wrote:
...maybe you could try making a macro with the steps "Discrete On, Power Toggle". Whether it works or not depends on how fast your TV warms up so it can respond to the power toggle command.
Do you mean:

If the TV is ON then - by definition, if not intuition - it is already warmed up and so the macro ought to work no problemo. If the TV is off, however, it might not switch on and then warm up fast enough for the following PowerToggle command to work, in which case some sort of delay would be necessary?

So what would be the most suitable time-using commands to employ in these situations? i.e. what would achieve the desired delay (without needing an extender) but with the least likelihood of disastrous side-effects? Would ON/Vol+/Vol-/Vol+/Vol-/POWER be the way to go or is there a better way?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP is not a JP1 user, so his options are limited, but if you're asking with yourself in mind, you should use the "pause" special protocol, which will let you set whatever delay you like.

This is a stand-alone special protocol that doesn't require an extender, but I think the extenders might have their own version built-in.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that macros are suported for this remote and delays can be factored in...

"The Interval between steps is quite snappy on the RM-AV3000, defaulting to 100ms delays. Too fast for your components? No problem, the time can be adjusted between 100 and 900 milliseconds, calibrated in 50 millisecond increments. When recording it's also possible to add a firm "one command" delay by pressing the [Timer] button, although that will count as a step."

http://www.remotecentral.com/av3000/index7.htm

But if you were stuck with an ordinary remote (albeit one that did macros) and no JP1 facility, are there "best bet" solutions for building delays into a macro when used against a TV device, a VCR device, a DVD etc.?
KY Bob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will certainly try the discrete on/ power toggle.... it never occured to me to use that combination (I feel like an idiot for not thinking of this)...as stated I can use the delay function in the sony remote, and yes it does support macros.

Is it possible to make this work using JP1, or is it that the TV does not support discrete off?

You would think that Philips would have all these commands in their products since they also make the Pronto remotes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 082 is the standard discrete on code for Philips. It's possible that they used a different code for this model, but I don't know how likely it is. You could try all the un-accounted for "advanced codes" to see if you find it. The standard warning for doing this with TVs is that you could accidentally use a code that will do damage to your TV, check out the following site to see if you think that's the case with your TV:

http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/tv__service_mode_remote_control_codes.htm

As for Philips also making the Pronto, why would that have any bearing on whether they implemented discrete codes in one of their TVs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: